Thread: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 Public Beta

Arrow Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 Public Beta

The Malwarebytes team is excited to announce the public beta release of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version features many security, performance, stability and functionality improvements, and is without a doubt our best release yet. By releasing a public beta, we are asking for your help to try this version in your own environments and send us your feedback. Barring any significant issues, we expect the beta program to last approximately three weeks, and be followed by the public release of 1.50.

New Features

We are very excited about these major improvements in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50. This version represents a complete overhaul of much of our functionality. Among the highlights are:

• Dramatically improved scan speed: up to 5 times faster.
    • Dramatically improved stability of both the scanner and protection module (free and pro version, respectively).
    • More responsive: program loads up to 3 times faster, and protection module has lower impact on system resources (pro version only).
    • New internal detection algorithms enable detection of more real-world malware.

• You can now add files and folders to the ignore list manually.
    • Ability to schedule and unschedule scans and updates from the command line (pro version only).
    • Notifications of blocked malicious websites now include additional details such as type, port, and process on Windows Vista and higher.
    • Dramatically improved flash scan (pro version only) -- determine whether a more in-depth scan is needed, in less than 10 seconds on many machines.
    • One-touch easy-to-use option to keep protection up-to-date automatically (pro version only).
    • "Warn if database is outdated by:" option now warns if the database is far out-of-date (7 days by default), including for protection (pro version only).

Download:

Anyone tested it out? Any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Anyone tested it out? Any screenshots?
    Just ran a quick scan after updating the database.

seems it was faster than usual. Memory consumption was around 35-85K (since I had a few apps running in the background)

As mentioned in Grr's post,

(1) the ignore list can be added manually

and

(2) There is a new feature under "Settings->General Settings" tab, which warns the user if the database is over 7 days old. it is pre-checked

Guess they wont change the interface until version 2 or something

Ashwin, ur quick scan is too fast man...<3 minutes. How many Gb of data was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Ashwin, ur quick scan is too fast man...<3 minutes. How many Gb of data was there?
    Mine is a 320 gb HDD, with over 200gb of data. I dont know what the quick scan actually "scans" but you can see the number of objects in that screenshot

Thanks Grr for the update
    i guess quick scan only scans Temp folder and Critical Areas, It completed quick scan in around 4 mins here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    Thanks Grr for the update
    i guess quick scan only scans Temp folder and Critical Areas, It completed quick scan in around 4 mins here.
    Hmmm. so it finished much faster for me despite having Firefox with 7+tabs, and some apps running in the background.