Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winrar Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    k.. so out of curiosity,, why winrar pro (a paid copy) over say 7-zip which is free?? i used to use winrar free for a long time.. jsut had to deal with the pesky message but it was always free. then 7-zip came out and have been happy with it ever snice.. from what i have understood, 7-zip will read more formats and can also compress slightly better than winrar.. so,, that why i wonder about winrar.. be nice for some feedback form some abid users of it

cheers
    I did spent some time using 7zip and it do look good compared to Winrar. Perhaps the only reason, I stopped using it was due to its GUI and other Menu options which were a bit complicated.

kewl.. thans for info..

still a tough call.. read some that 7-zip has the best compression still. .but still need to check some more

Zug

k.. so out of curiosity,, why winrar pro (a paid copy) over say 7-zip which is free??
    I guess it's a bit like a girlfriend you've been seeing now and again for a long, long time.

Seriously, I've been using WinRAR for a very long time: like back when AMI 386 motherboards defined the bleeding edge. I do have 7-zip installed (really excellent at unpacking many executables). I guess I've grown comfortable with it and would like to finally have something other than a one-shot version promo (like the 3.82 I'm using now) Of course, if I had to pick one and one only archiver, I'd choose 7-zip since it does handle more formats.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    I guess it's a bit like a girlfriend you've been seeing now and again for a long, long time.

Seriously, I've been using WinRAR for a very long time: like back when AMI 386 motherboards defined the bleeding edge. I do have 7-zip installed (really excellent at unpacking many executables). I guess I've grown comfortable with it and would like to finally have something other than a one-shot version promo (like the 3.82 I'm using now) Of course, if I had to pick one and one only archiver, I'd choose 7-zip since it does handle more formats.

Jelson, thanks for ur fair choice..

Thought I read something (not 100% sure though) that Winrar added the capabilities of unpacking basically everything that 7-zip can.. so in a sense.. both programs are "identical" in a sense... but obviously they are not

Thought I read something (not 100% sure though) that Winrar added the capabilities of unpacking basically everything that 7-zip can.. so in a sense.. both programs are "identical" in a sense... but obviously they are not

I think 7-zip is not having themes, etc...

Just want to add a litle, even though I am pretty sure that WinRAR license anyone will win is bound to single PC policy, actually home users can install it for up to unlimited numbers of PC owned by his/her (single user).

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Just want to add a litle, even though I am pretty sure that WinRAR license anyone will win is bound to single PC policy, actually home users can install it for up to unlimited numbers of PC owned by his/her (single user).
    not sure...but Winrar would never check for any number of license in use..

IMO in freeware IZArc and in shareware WinRar hands down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast