Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winrar Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    I guess it's a bit like a girlfriend you've been seeing now and again for a long, long time.

Seriously, I've been using WinRAR for a very long time: like back when AMI 386 motherboards defined the bleeding edge. I do have 7-zip installed (really excellent at unpacking many executables). I guess I've grown comfortable with it and would like to finally have something other than a one-shot version promo (like the 3.82 I'm using now) Of course, if I had to pick one and one only archiver, I'd choose 7-zip since it does handle more formats.

Jelson, thanks for ur fair choice..

[lang=pl]Myślę, że 7-zip był mniej atrakcyjny z wyglądu i mniej intuicyjny i przyjazny. Rekomendacją dla WinRar było wykorzystywanie go na potrzeby wywiadu rosyjskiego. Poza tym WinRar miał już swoich zwolenników, gdy powstał 7-zip. WinRar powstał w 1993 roku, 7-zip w 1999.[/lang]

[lang=pl]Chciałbym otrzymać licencję ponieważ WinRar to według mnie najlepszy program archiwizujący. Prosty i bardzo łatwy w obsłudze. Po prostu narzędzie bez którego nie można się obyć. Mimo tego, że są darmowe alternatywy to jednak nie są tak dobre jak WinRar. Licencja byłaby miłym prezentem pod choinkę, bo Święty Mikołaj mnie w tym roku nie odwiedził...

Pozdrawiam[/lang]

kewl.. thans for info..

still a tough call.. read some that 7-zip has the best compression still. .but still need to check some more

Zug

Thought I read something (not 100% sure though) that Winrar added the capabilities of unpacking basically everything that 7-zip can.. so in a sense.. both programs are "identical" in a sense... but obviously they are not

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Thought I read something (not 100% sure though) that Winrar added the capabilities of unpacking basically everything that 7-zip can.. so in a sense.. both programs are "identical" in a sense... but obviously they are not

I think 7-zip is not having themes, etc...

Just want to add a litle, even though I am pretty sure that WinRAR license anyone will win is bound to single PC policy, actually home users can install it for up to unlimited numbers of PC owned by his/her (single user).

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Just want to add a litle, even though I am pretty sure that WinRAR license anyone will win is bound to single PC policy, actually home users can install it for up to unlimited numbers of PC owned by his/her (single user).
    not sure...but Winrar would never check for any number of license in use..

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    not sure
    Yes, it is. You can find about this home user policy in the license text file. Moreover, WinRAR developer also entitle us with lifetime updates and I was informed directly that they do not have plan to change that. I like them. This kind of company help me a lot. Ha...ha....ha
    Last edited by corker; 20-12-10 at 11:09 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast