Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IP Hider : Discussion and Review/feedback

Hello, I installed the software and registered with the key I received. I'm glad that it didn't install an addon on my firefox profile like other similar program I've tested. So far I changed my ip to be able to watch some videos restricted to usa only, the connection speed was kinda slow but it works

I just tried IP Hider and it works quite well. However, Chrome stopped working: error message that the url couldn't be loaded. I don't recall the specifics off-hand and I forgot to take a screenshot, but it's the same one I've been getting off and on for the last week when trying to visit Raymond.cc which has been having some server issues. Same thing when I exited the program as well.

I suspected rebooting after setting it NOT to startup at boot might enable Chrome again. And after a reboot, here I am writing this mini-user-review in Chrome.

But Firefox and IE7 both worked!

Of course, visiting the IP Hider web page indentified me as having an Dutch IP just as I selected. The real test was whether I could now view a YouTube video that I got the "not available in your country" message the other day. YEAH, I was now able to watch it!

I also looked through the various settings and the app looks quite promising. IP choices are US, UK, Ireland, France, Germany and Netherlands (if my memory is accurate.) Given the Chrome problem, I didn't spent much time testing the other settings and options.

I'll try launching the program and seeing if Chrome stops working. From some of the text in the program, it seems there should be no incompatibility with Chrome, but who knows. Afterall, this XP system is a bit whack after all the apps I tried out during the Christmas promotions. About time to restore an earlier system image.

UPDATE:

Started up IP Hider and choose a California IP and then a Dutch one: Chrome works. No idea what the problem was after installing and not rebooting.

Anyway, this tool could come in handy. Thanks for the giveaway!!!

Last edited by jelson; 31-12-10 at 02:24 PM.

[lang=pl]Witam wszystkich!

To mój pierwszy post na forum...
    Na wstępie chcialbym przeprosić za tak późną opinię, ale z różnych przyczyn nie mogłem wcześniej...
    Jeśli chodzi o IP Hider? to jedynie potwierdziło się moje wcześniejsze wrażenie,że jest to jeden z najlepszych i najbardziej skutecznych programów do maskowania własnego IP połączonego z ochroną prywatności w internecie...
    Na początku miałem drobny problem...przy ustawieniu automatycznego uruchamiania IP Hider wraz systemem Windows, czasem zdarzało się,że program nie maskował IP ( sprawdzane programem IP Locator.exe ) także po ponownym przetestowaniu wszystkich dostępnych adresów proxy...ale wystarczyło wtedy zrestartować program i wszystko działało idealnie...
    W tej chwili mam wyłączony automatyczny start,uruchamiam IP Hider ręcznie i wszystko działa znakomicie
    Co mnie zaskoczyło? to,że przy uruchomionym IP Hider nie można odbierać poczty za pomocą Mozilla Thunderbird - korzystając wcześniej z Free Hide IP było to możliwe....nie znam się na tym, pewnie Free Hide IP niezbyt dobrze maskuje IP

Bardzo dziękuję Avinash za możliwość uzyskania licencji na ten program... tymbardziej, że jest to moja pierwsza wygrana w losowaniach na random.org

Pozdrawiam![/lang]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12