Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Agnitum Outpost Firewall Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

[lang=id]antivirus ea gan...
    maksih dah sharing..[/lang]

Thanks again to Avi for bringing this great giveaway last year.

The reason for me to make this post is that the Firewall has stopped updating and for the past 3 days have been giving me the trouble.

Though the license says lifetime update, I'm not sure how actually it means it to Outpost.

I haven't changed anything on my OS, which should have caused any trouble updating.

Below is the update log, which bounced off my head to a great extent.

I appreciate if someone else who had won a license could confirm updating and if not using currently could try install and help.

Thanks,
    Grr

Did you get a bad update?If this is a valid key why don't you ask at their forum?Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    Did you get a bad update?If this is a valid key why don't you ask at their forum?Just a thought
    how to know if it's a bad update?

secondly, 2/3 updates r failing...(it shows 3 steps)

Did you figure out what was causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    Did you figure out what was causing the problem?

No, but it seems to be solved for now.

The latest went good.

Looks like no one else who won is using it.....

I had an issue with OP Pro ver 7.5.1 last September about blocking sites and some nasty freeware that keeps calling their home site. I visited the Agnitum forums but I also found similar events such as mine. I also observed that OP got so noisy now well mauybe because of the Proactive but it seemed something in the likes of the old Comodo ver4 pop-ups. Well I contended with it for a time though.

But the thing that made me try another was the "URL blocking and nasty freeware that keeps calling their home site". I tried to remove/re-install a couple of times. Then it would work for days or so and then it's at it again. As if the settings I make are not there..really doesn't work especially the calling home part. Darn software connects when I exit the program.

Even had some fluke about the URL blocking wherein the URL was placed in the settings and then it still connected to the site BUT when using google search (clicking the link from the search containing the blocked URL/site) Outpost will block it! Now that's something new! There it was side-by-side the tab which connected to the blocked site and then the site from the google search that was blocked by Outpost! Removed/re-installed again and like the same event I had it would return to allowing the blocks I set. Seems to be an anti-leak problem or what...?

I was to post there at the Agnitum forums but I said to myself "wait for replies to the events like yours.." but sadly as I waited there was none and more events like that emerged anew. Removed it last November and waiting for the new version.

Might be a different case for others but in mine I really got frustrated. I remember version 6 was great going to version 7 but the latest made me look the other way. just me here

Quote Originally Posted by jason7619 View Post
    I had an issue with OP Pro ver 7.5.1 last September about blocking sites and some nasty freeware that keeps calling their home site. I visited the Agnitum forums but I also found similar events such as mine. I also observed that OP got so noisy now well mauybe because of the Proactive but it seemed something in the likes of the old Comodo ver4 pop-ups. Well I contended with it for a time though.

But the thing that made me try another was the "URL blocking and nasty freeware that keeps calling their home site". I tried to remove/re-install a couple of times. Then it would work for days or so and then it's at it again. As if the settings I make are not there..really doesn't work especially the calling home part. Darn software connects when I exit the program.

Even had some fluke about the URL blocking wherein the URL was placed in the settings and then it still connected to the site BUT when using google search (clicking the link from the search containing the blocked URL/site) Outpost will block it! Now that's something new! There it was side-by-side the tab which connected to the blocked site and then the site from the google search that was blocked by Outpost! Removed/re-installed again and like the same event I had it would return to allowing the blocks I set. Seems to be an anti-leak problem or what...?

I was to post there at the Agnitum forums but I said to myself "wait for replies to the events like yours.." but sadly as I waited there was none and more events like that emerged anew. Removed it last November and waiting for the new version.

Might be a different case for others but in mine I really got frustrated. I remember version 6 was great going to version 7 but the latest made me look the other way. just me here

sorry to know that.

I have also noticed Outpost blocking links/sites at time, though I never re-installed it...and hence it's been on my laptop for 11 months now.

Good news: new version 7.5.2 is coming in January

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789