Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Personal Giveaways at Forum- A Small clarification

Dear Avinash sir,
    I also want to hold giveaways.50 posts are too much for me.Please reduce it to 30.
    Do you heard about Dell's Secure Browser??
    Can you please review it for us.
    Please.

Best Regards,
    niroop

My "2 cents": a little common sense goes a long way.

If you are wanting to giveaway unused registrations, don't you think the winner(s) would like to have some confidence in them? For instance, last month I won a license for an antivirus program in a giveaway that I was not going to use. I posted a giveaway elsewhere about saying I had won it in a giveaway. AND I sent PM'd a copy of the entire e-mail with a link to giveaway page announcing the winners.

Now, to address Avinash's concern: was the registration key valid? I have no idea without installing and registering the program. I just know I got it via a blog giveaway and I had very experience of knowledge of this blog. And that's why I posted the giveaway on another forum. Apparently, it was. The guy who won it wrote his wife is very happy with it installed on her previously unprotected laptop.

It turned out well, but of course, it could have been different. But the way I did it demonstrated my good faith and any questions would have been directed back to giveaway blog. Prudence and common sense.

And the first consideration on the subject of personal giveaways, IMHO, is that this is Avinash's forum and his reputation we're talking about.

Well, The forum is still like that only as it was b4 even after those 2 small rules.

I am still comfortable with the idea of giveaway by anyone if he is sure the key is genuine. IMHO, except some rare cases, keys won from blogs are genuine and I got no doubt about it.

Another clarification -- Its not Avinash's Forum , its everyone and thats why I share everything that goes on here or any rule , I ask for everyone's opinion. Its not my reputation, its everyone's at forum who love it more than i do.

Quote Originally Posted by ugedej77 View Post
    [lang=pl]Or maybe this it not good place to ask this question - anyway if somone is starting a giveaway - it should be closed even if is not enough post to participate. That is a normal practise all over the Internet world. Regards and take care.[/lang]
    Thanks for reminding me whats i should do. For your kind information i haven't started the giveaway just to end it abruptly and runaway with the keys. There was a technical fault at my end so i couldn't carry on as per the schedule. Though i don't need to give any explanations but still i mentioned why i haven't able to post the winners. From next time please be patient, trust others and most importantly post in the correct thread......Hope i am clear

Thank you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Thanks for reminding me whats i should do. For your kind information i haven't started the giveaway just to end it abruptly and runaway with the keys. There was a technical fault at my end so i couldn't carry on as per the schedule. Though i don't need to give any explanations but still i mentioned why i haven't able to post the winners. From next time please be patient, trust others and most importantly post in the correct thread......Hope i am clear

Thank you.....
    Wait... Did I miss anything. No one said anything about you mate or I am unable to read something

Avi this guys is talking about my comodo internet security giveaway.....

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Since i cant edit my post here........
    Avi check his two consecutive posts. The 2nd one is in continuation with the first.

Sorry if i was rude........

Thank you

I am totally agree with the RULES imposed by Avinash for the giveaway by forum member at minimum 50 posts and at least 2 months membership period. This serves as a solid proof you are loyal to the FORUM and old enough to take up this responsibility.
    The license(s) giveaway should be genuine. That's a trust of you ownself and to the FORUM and also among MEMBERS within the FORUM. If you surrender license key(s) to Moderators, you should attach license details as well as the source(original email) of it as proof. You can omit the ID email part unless you are asked by Moderators if necessary for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Avi this guys is talking about my comodo internet security giveaway.....

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Since i cant edit my post here........
    Avi check his two consecutive posts. The 2nd one is in continuation with the first.

Sorry if i was rude........

Thank you
    OK i got it mate. I didnt got it first, but still as i can see a gap of 1 day between the two posts, we can give the benefit of doubt and presume that it was his opinion about this thread and not you. But still I cant be sure.

Its a big world and fortuneately, the forum is getting bigger too. So everyone should be calm and respect others.

I know how difficult it is to organize giveaways and I often slip deadlines due to various reasons. So thanx to everyone who giveaways and those who participate too.

Now

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Another clarification -- Its not Avinash's Forum , its everyone
    Ah... I wasn't trying to make you mad or anything like that... rather was trying to suggest it's proper to be considerate of what you do...

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Ah... I wasn't trying to make you mad or anything like that... rather was trying to suggest it's proper to be considerate of what you do...
    Don't worry , I don't get mad ever. I am fine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast