K.. so recently been having an issue with a portable hard drive i have had, I have it split into 2 partitions and one of them is giving me issues. I sent tosh an email and hopefully they will reply, but figured see if anyone here might have a idea as well.. this is what I sent them:

The problem I have been having recently is that windows is not wanting to read one of the partitions. I split it into a 600gb and a 400gb partitions. The cable seemed to be coming loose from the laptop and it would go in and out. Well, recently it would come up saying that I had to format the partition in order to use it. For a while, unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed it. But, then it has stopped working. I had to format it a few times in order to get it to work but then after rebooting my machine, it would go back to the same problems. I have ran check disk and all of the tools to check it and it comes up with no errors when I use my partition program. But now, when I try to check it, it wont work.

The error message I get when I try to access it is:

You must first format the disk in drive N: before you can use it (format or cancel)

then

N:\ is not accessible
Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

and that is it. When i right click on the partition and go to Tools and then try and click check now for Error-Checking, I get the message:

The disk check could not be performed because Windows can't access the disk.
Any ideas??