Thread: Is there a way to check if the ISO file is corrupted or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Is there a way to check if the ISO file is corrupted or not?

I'm downloading W7 ISO files.
    Is there a way to check if the ISO file is corrupted or not without having to extract them?

Thanks,
    Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I'm downloading W7 ISO files.
    Is there a way to check if the ISO file is corrupted or not without having to extract them?
    That's precisely the primary uses of hashes: ensure that a download is not corrupted. That's why developers publish MD5 and other hashes of their products.

A secondary reason is to check to see if a file downloaded from any place other than the developer site is the exactly the same as the one available from the developer.

HashTab 3 is excellent for this: right click on the file, select "Properties", click "File Hashes" and after the hashes have been calculated, paste the published hash into the "Hash Comparison" box.

HashTab homepage

you can use VMware to check if everything works e.g. if its Bootable or not and everything else, with the downloaded image file.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    you can use VMware to check if everything works e.g. if its Bootable or not and everything else, with the downloaded image file.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    How?
    Check my VMWare Video Post on blog about Ubuntu. There I have used the Image file to install Ubuntu. Same way you can use your win7 image file.

If anything is bad about the file you downloaded, it will be visible while u install it in VMware.