Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Win 7 Home Premium

Problem with Win 7 Home Premium

My Home Premium seemed to be running fine until I came across these problems,my task scheduler and my services page isn't working.Can someone tell me what's wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It will be better if you can post a bigger screenshot.

Thank you

Clyde,

GO in and check a few things...

1. Check Windows Firewall.. it is possible that WF is blocking it and you might need to go in and exempt Cleanmem from Windows Firewall... i would recommend (if you are able) to get a different FW like Comodo Free.. or maybe Online Armor free (for free one, i think i prefer comodo, but right now using OA as i have the premium from a giveaway)... those tend to be a lot better than standard windows one and offer more functionality imho..

2. You have Winpatrol Plus correct? i know that WP monitors for system changes like that and maybe its possible that winpatrol is blocking it.. i just restored my system and installed OA Prem, Eset Nod32, SAS Pro (real time), MBAM Pro (on demand) and have installed Cleanmem on my win7 x64 and had no issue.. i had WP Plus as well on my laptop before restore and i used cleanmem on it as well and had no issues either..

those would be my first two guesses.. check those first.. for Winpatrol, you might need to go in there to the schedule part and maybe add cleanmem in it.. let us know how that goes..

Hope this works.

Guys I got to go to work for a few hours,I will check on this when I gets back.Your opinions are appreciated.

Clydeman told us at the chatbox---> "I was going to install cleanmem and it wouldn't let me open task scheduler"

Possibly an issue with Administrator rights. Just right-click on Cleanmem and select "run as administrator"

I'm trying to make my pics larger.

I had cleanmem installed and it's default is 30 mins,I was going to reset it to 5 mins.That's when I noticed my task scheduler and Services window blank.I tried to run cleanmem as administrator and it didn't make any difference.

I will advise to do a system scan by your AV and anti-malware like MBAM. If both tells all clean, we can try to find other solutions.

I did both scans as you mentioned ,they came up clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast