Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Win 7 Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by clydeman View Post
    I did both scans as you mentioned ,they came up clean.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

need more details to find the issue. If you wish, i can try to remote access your system and have a look at it.

Run MSCONFIG command. A new window will open. In that window, select "Services" Tab (Please check "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox) and take a screenshot and similarly select the Startup tab and take screenshot and post here. This gives some more info, so that we look at what actually is causing the problem. If this doesn't work, then we may have to use Hijackthis...

In order to check if Cleanmem is the culprit, I downloaded and tried to install it. While cleanmem was creating shortcuts AVG came up with this surprise (See the screenshot below).

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2104/cleanmem.jpg

In order to confirm its not a false positive, I uploaded that exe file as a zip to Virus Total. All the 43 antivirus at virus total says no infection at all. May be its a false positive. Anyway Clyde, uninstall cleanmem and see if the problem persists.
    Last edited by Samuel; 19-01-11 at 11:18 PM.

Can you try Process Hacker and see what's running in the background...? Might be a rouge trying to bust your ass there...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12