Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum with a changed outlook and structure

Avinash Guest

Forum with a changed outlook and structure

Hi everyone

JUst to remind few of you, i did a bit of outlook and structure changes in the forum after i faced some problems when i upgraded to phpbb 3.0.5 and i had to almost start from scratch.

That resulted in all database gone. So everything here is different now. For few users who registered here before, i request them to register again because i have lost the database. Sorry for inconvenience.

I would love to see people contributing here instead of just running away. :shock:

Cheers and enjoy.

Good choice in shifting to Vbulletin.
    Just a two suggestions.
    Why don't you use a same header for blog and forum? That would make it look much better. The current appearance creates a feel that we are browsing through two different sites.

Another suggestion is to enable Avatar option for members. Currently i can't see an upload option in Edit avatar in UCP.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    Good choice in shifting to Vbulletin.
    Just a two suggestions.
    Why don't you use a same header for blog and forum? That would make it look much better. The current appearance creates a feel that we are browsing through two different sites.

Another suggestion is to enable Avatar option for members. Currently i can't see an upload option in Edit avatar in UCP.
    Thank you for the feedback.

As I did a import from myBB platform to Vbulletin, so few things may have messed. I will fix the Avatar problem soon.

Regarding the same header on blog and forum, I need to work on that. I already have that in my to do list. But no time frame on that as it requires a bit of playing with the code in which I am weak.

Update : - Check Avatars. It should work now.

I am much weaker in coding too, but its a fact that you would learn to swim if you just dive.

well, I am already diving. As most of my friends and members here know, I am a Mechanical engineer and running this blog plus forum

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    well, I am already diving. As most of my friends and members here know, I am a Mechanical engineer and running this blog plus forum
    Good to hear that. Same kinda situation here. Being an electronics engineer, i don't know which makes me attracted towards computer.

Check out my all new "EVIL" funny avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Check out my all new "EVIL" funny avatar
    Its a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Its a good one
    I have more, will keep changing them once in a while.

Previously your forum allowed only 6kb avatars, i didnt have any of that size.
    Thats why i didnt use any.
    Now it allows upto 19.3 kb, cool

I found this avatar at jeboavatars.com, know any other free avatar website?

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    I found this avatar at jeboavatars.com, know any other free avatar website?
    I may try that site too. Apart from that I have no idea of any other site. May be a bit of googling will help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast