Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request or Wishes for Avinashtech forum

Lightbulb Request or Wishes for Avinashtech forum

Hi friends

Hope you all is great & having a good time!

There came up something in my mind other day regarding both the blog and the forum. Lets calling it ideas for some improvement in make it easier for members and viewers in see links on pages to posts and make it more easy in get to what they want to read and in the same time helping people to understand what there is to find of material here for everyones leisure.

If starting with the blog I would love to give the tip in using the right pane for a collection of links to what have been posted before. Then viewers don't have to search that much on their own in go through the content page by page.

When go forward to the forum, there is one preview feature that could show more than last 11 posts that's been made. In the top menu "New Posts"
    This by some reasons:

-It doesn't show new viewers how big this forum really is and might produce failures for mistakes with double posts of material that already exist.

-It makes it difficult in see and find into the content of created posts.

-It doesn't gives a true image of how big Avinashtech forum really is for new people and there lay a risk for misunderstandings.

As people often are lazy they use this kind of features rather than a searchfunction in get the picture in what has been made or been written since last visit. Like everyone know, we like to use shortcuts that points us directly to where we want.

Is it possible to enhance this features in nearest future in help it up a bit?

Otherwise this is one of the best places I ever seen at internet!
    Great people and lots of good content
    Last edited by Emil; 26-01-11 at 02:20 AM.

I am just back from the break and great to catch everyone here. I would just have a look at each request one by one and will try my best to see what can be implemented. Obviously, it will need time but be sure, I am on it.

Lovely, that was positive to hear

Maybe I wasn't that clear when wrote "11posts", recognized afterwards the number had change, so assume it's based on last 12 hour's or something. Sorry
    However, would be nice if this could be increased for a longer range time period as active members doesn't always post as much every day it makes this list of new posts to shrink.

Have seen also there is a difference in how these listed posts are shown pending on if I'm logged in or not and then the name is changed to "Today's post's" when comeing from outside. Must say I prefer that view instead as it shows more to see.

Don't know how much that can be amended by change in settings in the account, perhaps something is possible I only found one page were it now is set to show as much as possible.

Wish you good luck & looking very much forward!

Don't forget I'm a foreigner that sucks in English + lost some vocabulary by living isolated this winter + ok it's been more than one winter + Now I forgot what to say next...hmm, oh yes now I remember..I have a fault..sometimes I have the ability in tell things little bit too clear and right on the carrot that people choke or feel smashed by a sledgehammer.

Appreciate your indulgence with me guys

I believe the new posts displayed are based on a time period (say 12 hours) and the last login time of the member.

PS: @Emil I think that more than 80% of the members here aren't native English speakers

Wonderful to hear we not alone

Have a feeling this will end happy

Interesting and innovative and useful, three words came in my mind. A big thumps up from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    If starting with the blog I would love to give the tip in using the right pane for a collection of links to what have been posted before. Then viewers don't have to search that much on their own in go through the content page by page.

When go forward to the forum, there is one preview feature that could show more than last 11 posts that's been made. In the top menu "New Posts"
    This by some reasons:
    ----
    ----
    I just looked at the suggestions one by one. ON blog, We already have Tabs in Navigation bar for each category and apart from that on the side bar, you can find the most popular posts of blog , plus recent posts and Random Posts in bottom.

I avoid putting that Archieve link on blog which shows posts by month as IMHO it doesnt add any value to the blog either for a lazy reader or non lazy one.

If someone got anything specific, I would love to hear that. What more can be added ???

Regarding Forum, the view you were talking about, shows you posts/threads since you logged in last time. By default, the forum already shows posts/threads over the total period of forum.

Anything specific and I would be able to help everyone in a better way.

Thanks it looks much better now when being logged in to the forum
    Makes it easier to see what has been posted and it gives more to see.

I don't know perhaps it's my own fault that haven't understood which buttons to use in get to correct page but sure I have seen these different category's on the blog in top of screen and also used it many times. Like always the author that manage the website has the total freedom in decide after own will what's best to use of personal taste but I will once again vote for these links to have on page but I'm just one of all your readers so it doesn't counts if watching realistic on this. You absolutely Right

Further on the webpage works also much better now to use. Maybe someone remember an old comment I wrote before of problems in see pictures and hard difficulties in write in the commentbox and send comments. These problems are now almost completely gone for me.
    Ok, the commentbox can be a little slow sometimes but far away from that like it was before.
    Understand there must been made a big change going on that helped it up a bit

Well, even a single reader views matter to me , so be rest assured I always try to do whats possible to implement. Some changes you may not see instantly, but rest assured, I do keep many things in my " TO DO LIST".

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Anything specific and I would be able to help everyone in a better way.
    Is there a way to see posts -not from last login - BUT for last 24, or say X hours/days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast