Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Which software's Should come as Freebie in Giveaways

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    The trial version of Kaspersky nearly wrecked his PC.
    Well, I never encountered something like this even though I have installed Kaspersky on almost every friends PC who came to me for help.

Perhaps its related to something else on the system, not the Kaspersky itself.

I actually removed every security software on his PC, (firewall and AVG, McAfee site advisor, Superantispyware free)
    Installed the Kaspersky trial.Computer became very slow.
    Performed update and worked for a while, then restarted the computer,it did not boot up.
    Restored the PC, installed my Norton AV on his PC, running smoothly ever since.
    Have to admit, i hate Norton's Sonar policy but otherwise never came across a problem with Norton.

PS: I gave my 70+ day Norton AV key to my friend since i have recently upgraded to NIS 2010

Well, I still believe its related somewhere to something on the system instead of Kaspersky.

May be some conflict between some left overs of previous antivirus , firewall etc as most of us know its very difficult to uninstall antivirus like Norton completely. Even though You have used AVG here, something must have conflicted.

I use antivirus removal tools to completely remove any remnants.

You can find some at
    Code:
    www.uninstallers.blogspot.com
    And i also go to hidden folders in Documents and settings and delete the folders after uninstallation,
    clean the registry with CCleaner and Glary Utilities. Also checked the registry, no problems.

No idea why Kaspersky was incompatible with his PC, since it got installed and worked for a while.
    Wonder what happened? Anyway his PC is fine now,and that is good for me.

I think Internet Download Manager or IDM would be a great & popular giveaway.

I think contact is [email protected]

Thumbs up

Hi Avi,

This is indeed a nice concept that u r presenting to Blog Community

I would suggest to try getting Avast Pro, as I have never ever seen it before being given away.

If we are lucky to get it, It's going to be a big hit amongst other blogs, etc...

I have the contact from them as :

I have been using Avast & would suggest it to one & all..

Regards, Grr

Quote Originally Posted by darma View Post
    I think Internet Download Manager or IDM would be a great & popular giveaway.
    I have talked to them and right now they have no licenses to giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I would suggest to try getting Avast Pro, as I have never ever seen it before being given away.
    Thats a new option for me. I never thought about it as its already free for personal use. I will try to see if i can get it.

Avinash,
    No demands from just some suggestions.It's that most are asking for security,AVira premium is definitely good choice.But security addons like Hitman Pro 3.5,USB disk security/navieus usb antivirus,Sandboxie,Returnil,WinHex,etc.
    Others type of S\W's can be encryption for hard-drive and pen-drives[will let you know later]
    Finally,Backup S\w's like HandyBackup,Marcerium,Acronis,Mozy,etc.
    Like I said b4 these are only suggestions Avinash,so problems,if you want find anything interesting I will point out their e-mail support which are quite easy to find.

zone alarm pro, the best firewall.

Maybe a Defensewall v3.00, Sandboxie, or IDM..

Nice thread!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast