Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Which software's Should come as Freebie in Giveaways

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Avinash Guest

RE: Which software's Should come as Freebie in Giveaways

Quote Originally Posted by sss
    I am not new to your blog. I have been almost daily visiting your blog for more than one year now.
    I just didn't know I was not registered or if I was I have forgotten the email Id i used to register. So I had to register now when I attempted to post .
    I dont remember, as this is only the second time I have posted a message. The first one being when you defined the steps to Create an Invisible Folder and I think I was the only one who responded using the id "ss" which was long time back.
    And thank you for such useful and interesting blog.
    Thank you mate for the feedback and registering again. I always try my best to grab some deals for you guys and there are many in store.

I use Avira Internet security (but have the firewall turned off because of using Outpost) so I would love to see that happen.

I would also like to suggest

Gold

It is the best media player around allowing to be customized to your hearts content.

I cancelled the orders i placed for Spyware Doctor(since it comes with an additional anti-virus) and Kaspersky i had placed for my friend's computers.
    The trial version of Kaspersky nearly wrecked his PC.
    I have currently installed AVG free edition along with Outpost free firewall on his computers. Works beautifully.

And my friend and I missed the Malware bytes giveaway here, so here is my new wishlist for Pro-spyware removers. Also provided some email ids i could find

Super Anti-spyware Pro A-Squared malware

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    The trial version of Kaspersky nearly wrecked his PC.
    Well, I never encountered something like this even though I have installed Kaspersky on almost every friends PC who came to me for help.

Perhaps its related to something else on the system, not the Kaspersky itself.

I actually removed every security software on his PC, (firewall and AVG, McAfee site advisor, Superantispyware free)
    Installed the Kaspersky trial.Computer became very slow.
    Performed update and worked for a while, then restarted the computer,it did not boot up.
    Restored the PC, installed my Norton AV on his PC, running smoothly ever since.
    Have to admit, i hate Norton's Sonar policy but otherwise never came across a problem with Norton.

PS: I gave my 70+ day Norton AV key to my friend since i have recently upgraded to NIS 2010

Well, I still believe its related somewhere to something on the system instead of Kaspersky.

May be some conflict between some left overs of previous antivirus , firewall etc as most of us know its very difficult to uninstall antivirus like Norton completely. Even though You have used AVG here, something must have conflicted.

I use antivirus removal tools to completely remove any remnants.

You can find some at
    Code:
    www.uninstallers.blogspot.com
    And i also go to hidden folders in Documents and settings and delete the folders after uninstallation,
    clean the registry with CCleaner and Glary Utilities. Also checked the registry, no problems.

No idea why Kaspersky was incompatible with his PC, since it got installed and worked for a while.
    Wonder what happened? Anyway his PC is fine now,and that is good for me.

I think Internet Download Manager or IDM would be a great & popular giveaway.

I think contact is [email protected]

Thumbs up

Hi Avi,

This is indeed a nice concept that u r presenting to Blog Community

I would suggest to try getting Avast Pro, as I have never ever seen it before being given away.

If we are lucky to get it, It's going to be a big hit amongst other blogs, etc...

I have the contact from them as :

I have been using Avast & would suggest it to one & all..

Regards, Grr

Quote Originally Posted by darma View Post
    I think Internet Download Manager or IDM would be a great & popular giveaway.
    I have talked to them and right now they have no licenses to giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I would suggest to try getting Avast Pro, as I have never ever seen it before being given away.
    Thats a new option for me. I never thought about it as its already free for personal use. I will try to see if i can get it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast