Thread: A new category @echo %'1^/ <on Avinashtech forum? >

Lightbulb A new category @echo %'1^/ <on Avinashtech forum? >

Hi everybody

I've actually got a new idea

Perhaps many of you have noticed when visited different types of computer forums that they quite often follow a similar variation of titles or category's that splits it up in Windows versions or other versions, software, hardware etc.

But I found one that could be really useful but seldom exist to find and make the search horrible that moment when there is a need for find or learn specific things.

What would you guys say if we create a new category aimed for Commands (cmd), Powershell, WMI, Scripts, Batch and similar useful stuff like programming and html ?

Maybe there could be subtitles for specific version it's normally for like inside Windows or Linux or Mac or for other situations.

Think many would like this and particularly started to get to learn and understand new experiences from this

Looking forward in your opinions
    Last edited by Emil; 30-01-11 at 08:08 AM.

Good idea but it will not work. The reasons are-

1) Sometimes it can be risky to run batch files and shell scripts. Who will decide its a good file, which does what it claims, and not a spyware or malware.
    2) Its not always possible to test everything and then posts. For that you need a spare pc for testing which i guess all don't have.
    3) Everybody is not technically perfect to understand batch files they will try it and end-up in a mess. Or they will be uninterested in that Section.

Since this forum is in a developing stage we need sections where everybody can participate and everybody can contribute. Currently i dont see much participation and contribution there. So i don't support your idea.
    This is my personal view and others can surely differ. BTW thanks Emil for your ideas. Please keep them coming....

Thank you

Good idea Emil...

may be Avi could consider after he is done with other forum pending tasks at hand..