Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Competition]Active member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    @Avi Maybe we can have a small table/chart at the forum's homepage showing who the Active members of the month are
    Remember- we used to have a chart up to last year with members' post count....but it was removed...

btw with Ashwin in Jury----i'm the winner.....Topic Is Over..

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Remember- we used to have a chart up to last year with members' post count....but it was removed...
    yes I do remember that and I tried to implement it again sometime back, but it has a technical issue with our Search engine plugin VBSEO and it doesnt work now. I will check it out soon to see if its upgraded.

Hi guys!

Sounds comfortable to read that Avinash is against special rights and want to treat members equal despite if we talking people that are spending lot of time or less here or if it is mods or just members. That's great to hear and it's also one of the reasons why I decided to become member here in the first place

Don't forget to keep it that way cause I've seen other places there they couldn't or din't want to follow that idea with the result that a big part of the community became (or already was) driven of a few members that started to rule everything from their own opinion in desire to protecting this small elite interests away from new members. Today they still having big difficulties in make new members to stay and also can't see why and don't want to understand how to change this developing which actually only gives them a bad name in the long run.
    From my opinion it's about how people have a fear in not being a part of the group (most of people looking for friends and be seen of others) and when some people starting to become something in a group and receive a status they want to protecting it. In the same time it's often pressure involved and in the end things changes like a rubberband that gets more and more extended and particularly if we talking of communities and mods are involved it can be scary to see how some people sometimes can have the ability in take special advantages and moves the thin line back and forth in fit together with their own opinions.

So it's important to see the difference between act like a member when taking part in threads and in the same time feeling the responsibility in act like one of these that manage and handle the community. As sometimes that work means to take the responsibility and act against my own will or my own desire in a hot moment when having a different opinion than what some of the members might have. Nobody said it's easy and it's certainly not either.

I'm glad many of you here have shown me proof that you know much of this, it's a good comfort to know

Ps. Just one tip..Be careful in using charts that starting to measure popularity as it may opens up for competitions between members and then it may indicate even more for a elite and new members can't reach that level of status like others that been member for a much longer time.
    Edit: With popularity above I don't mean "activity" which doesn't is the same

Must tell I like this "Thank You" feature it's both good for teaching as well help members get friends with each other. Very sweet
    Last edited by Emil; 04-02-11 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    Hi guys!

Sounds comfortable to read that Avinash is against special rights and want to treat members equal despite if we talking people that are spending lot of time or less here or if it is mods or just members. That's great to hear and it's also one of the reasons why I decided to become member here in the first place

Don't forget to keep it that way cause I've seen other places there they couldn't or din't want to follow that idea with the result that a big part of the community became (or already was) driven of a few members that started to rule everything from their own opinion in desire to protecting this small elite interests away from new members. Today they still having big difficulties in make new members to stay and also can't see why and don't want to understand how to change this developing which actually only gives them a bad name in the long run.
    Well, As you rightly said, things can go in wrong way if we started having special rights for some members due the fact that they are more active or they belong to MOD group or something similar.

I have always believed, even I am only a member here with no special rights except those which are required to manage the forum. I rarely use those rights except for some moderation like removing bad links, deleting spam etc or merging few threads or creating something new for the forum.

Thats one of the reasons, here at Avinashtech, Banning anyone is banned. We believe there are much better ways to handle things than banning.

We are here to build a friendly community accessible to everyone and there wont be any elite group here even in future whether this forum is small or big. Every member will have equal rights always whether he joined just today or one year earlier.

We do reward members just as we did in ABC but it will be transparent and not biased.

Also, we avoided ranks kind of system or point system etc for the same reason.

PS:- Sometime I am not good in writing things, so if i have missed something then others can correct me.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    Hi guys!
    Ps. Just one tip..Be careful in using charts that starting to measure popularity as it may opens up for competitions between members and then it may indicate even more for a elite and new members can't reach that level of status like others that been member for a much longer time.
    Edit: With popularity above I don't mean "activity" which doesn't is the same

Must tell I like this "Thank You" feature it's both good for teaching as well help members get friends with each other. Very sweet
    Yes, Thank you is a nice feature. Taking a clue from what you said, I have removed the Thank you count from being displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Well, As you rightly said, things can go in wrong way if we started having special rights for some members due the fact that they are more active or they belong to MOD group or something similar.

I have always believed, even I am only a member here with no special rights except those which are required to manage the forum. I rarely use those rights except for some moderation like removing bad links, deleting spam etc or merging few threads or creating something new for the forum.

Thats one of the reasons, here at Avinashtech, Banning anyone is banned. We believe there are much better ways to handle things than banning.

We are here to build a friendly community accessible to everyone and there wont be any elite group here even in future whether this forum is small or big. Every member will have equal rights always whether he joined just today or one year earlier.

We do reward members just as we did in ABC but it will be transparent and not biased.

Also, we avoided ranks kind of system or point system etc for the same reason.

PS:- Sometime I am not good in writing things, so if i have missed something then others can correct me.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Yes, Thank you is a nice feature. Taking a clue from what you said, I have removed the Thank you count from being displayed.
    I agree 100% and think taking away the Thank You count was an excellant idea Avi.

[lang=tr]adil adeletli olduktan sonra kim kazanmış önemli değil...[/lang]

Being a active member here is indeed a gr8 thing for the forum and other members but unfortunately not everybody has time
    But I seriously appreciate all active members for their valuable contribution to help others

Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    Being a active member here is indeed a gr8 thing for the forum and other members but unfortunately not everybody has time
    But I seriously appreciate all active members for their valuable contribution to help others
    Its fine even if you have less time. Just come and read, we would love that too. We all know, there are loads of priorities to be taken care of first than being a active member here. I am often caught between the two.

Its not necessary that any member should post to become active. We love contributions as and whenever it happens. We are here to help each others.

So What is the final Conclusion about Active Member Competition ?

Quote Originally Posted by iPrism View Post
    Yes we all know everybody has priorities other than just be in this forum. Its not that you have to post 150 times per month to claim the active members tag. I just wanted more quality posts and participation from the forum members. Thats it and i already mentioned it as "a fun way to increase the quality of the forum" so nothing serious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast