Thread: [Competition]Active member of the Month

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys!

Sounds comfortable to read that Avinash is against special rights and want to treat members equal despite if we talking people that are spending lot of time or less here or if it is mods or just members. That's great to hear and it's also one of the reasons why I decided to become member here in the first place

Don't forget to keep it that way cause I've seen other places there they couldn't or din't want to follow that idea with the result that a big part of the community became (or already was) driven of a few members that started to rule everything from their own opinion in desire to protecting this small elite interests away from new members. Today they still having big difficulties in make new members to stay and also can't see why and don't want to understand how to change this developing which actually only gives them a bad name in the long run.
    From my opinion it's about how people have a fear in not being a part of the group (most of people looking for friends and be seen of others) and when some people starting to become something in a group and receive a status they want to protecting it. In the same time it's often pressure involved and in the end things changes like a rubberband that gets more and more extended and particularly if we talking of communities and mods are involved it can be scary to see how some people sometimes can have the ability in take special advantages and moves the thin line back and forth in fit together with their own opinions.

So it's important to see the difference between act like a member when taking part in threads and in the same time feeling the responsibility in act like one of these that manage and handle the community. As sometimes that work means to take the responsibility and act against my own will or my own desire in a hot moment when having a different opinion than what some of the members might have. Nobody said it's easy and it's certainly not either.

I'm glad many of you here have shown me proof that you know much of this, it's a good comfort to know

Ps. Just one tip..Be careful in using charts that starting to measure popularity as it may opens up for competitions between members and then it may indicate even more for a elite and new members can't reach that level of status like others that been member for a much longer time.
    Edit: With popularity above I don't mean "activity" which doesn't is the same

Must tell I like this "Thank You" feature it's both good for teaching as well help members get friends with each other. Very sweet
    Last edited by Emil; 04-02-11 at 12:41 AM.