Thread: Puran Defrag Free Edition

Puran Defrag Free Edition

Puran Defrag Free Edition 7.2

GUI now resizable and Disk Check now locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Features
    : (as given in the developer's website)
    Puran Intelligent Optimizer - PIOZR
    Directories Consolidation for speed boost
    Optimization by Freeing Space
    Automatic Defragmentation for worry free defrag
    Boot Time Defragmentation for system files like MFT
    Low Priority Defrag for work while defrag experience
    Individual File/Folder Defrag for selective defrag
    GUI and Console Command Line Defrag Supported
    Restart/Shutdown After Boot Time Defragmentation
    File/Folder Exclusion or exclusion by wildcard facility
    Native support for 64Bit Windows
    Supports Windows Xp/2003/Vista/2008/7

Thanks...

Has anyone here using Puran Defrag experencing "disappearing restore points" in XP and Win7...? I seem to observe that when doing boot-time defrag with PIOZR checked in the options....? Anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    Has anyone here using Puran Defrag experencing "disappearing restore points" in XP and Win7...? I seem to observe that when doing boot-time defrag with PIOZR checked in the options....? Anyone...?
    I haven't used it but I do have heard users saying about disappearing of restore points while using Puran and as well other defraggers.I'm not sure but I feel the PIOZR is better left unchecked and the disks defraged after that.

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post

I've used Puran quite a bit... but I haven't had any problems with Restore Points... well.... because I don't have any. I've turned System Restore off.

I have "Desktop", "My Documents" etc and all my on a separate drive to facilitate doing system partition images.... if anything goes wrong with an install I simply restore my system partition to the last image I made of it.

Yes, that was my last resort last time I needed a restore...system image because all the restore points went somewhere....