View Poll Results: Which Media player do you use?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • BS Player

1 4.17%
  • Gom Player

0 0%
  • KMPlayer

5 20.83%
  • Media Player Classic

3 12.50%
  • Pot Player

3 12.50%
  • Real Player

1 4.17%
  • WinAmp

1 4.17%
  • Windows Media Player

1 4.17%
  • VLC

6 25.00%
  • Other Player (please post your choice)

3 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Media player do you use?

According to my experience, VLC Player is unable to play Real Media smoothly so I use Media Player Classic all this time. But lately, zoom player has drawn my interest so much because of its features and support for wide formats. SplashPRO seems great too but it does not support low quality formats such as Real Media......... and I haven't received my license key yet.

Regarding music player, I don't really care since I am not a music lover. Hearing it from previewer within file manager is enough for me. I even have TidySongs to organize my collection which I never use it due to it needs iTunes prior to installation.
    Last edited by corker; 28-03-11 at 08:05 PM.

Currently I use CoolPlayer or AIMP2 for audio, and X-MediaPlayerClassic Hc or GomPlayer for video.
    Gom Player is nice but sometimes it crashes, so I'm thinking of replacing it.
    As codecs, Ffdshow and a few other single codec.

[lang=id]saya menggunakan winamp...
    dan teman saya semuanya juga menggunakan aplikasi tersebut....[/lang]

KMPlayer most of the time.
    Cyberlink PowerDVD10 when playing DVD/BlueRay discs
    VLC but seldom(only when viewing what I made via DVD-Flick)

I use Daum PotPlayer for everything, audio and video.
    Codecs: Combined Community Codec Pack.

Some days ago I tried to play a movie with a ".sub" subtitle file but potplayer didn't show them I guess the file was corrupt or something because I - unsuccessfully - tried to convert it with a program to ".srt".

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    I use Daum PotPlayer for everything, audio and video.
    Codecs: Combined Community Codec Pack.

Some days ago I tried to play a movie with a ".sub" subtitle file but potplayer didn't show them I guess the file was corrupt or something because I - unsuccessfully - tried to convert it with a program to ".srt".

Try Subtitle workshop to convert the .sub file or you could download a different subtitle from subscene.com or opensubtitles.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Try Subtitle workshop to convert the .sub file or you could download a different subtitle from subscene.com or opensubtitles.org
    I forgot to write that :P

I got the .srt subtitles from other page.

Subtitle workshop seems to be a nice program, would it work on windows 7 ?
    Last edited by Cosme; 29-03-11 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    I forgot to write that :P

I got the .srt subtitles from other page.

Subtitle workshop seems to be a nice program, would it work on windows 7 ?
    Not sure, but the Softpedia page says "Windows All", so I guess it might work

I use KMPlayer,it is very good.

Bump into an old topic.

Do you guys know JRiver Media Center? Weird if you don't since it is one of the most popular Media Player. I am currently using it. It has immense features from playing to organizing media files. You can record TV shows and podcast, rip, burn and label disc, watch and download YouTube videos, export and synch with handheld devices, and much more till I feel it is bloated sometimes. Furthermore, third party plug-ins like G-Force visualizations, DFX Audio Enhancer, or Minilyrics can also be added onto the program.

Although JMC is able to playback various video formats, it seems to tend to be audio player than video player. You can see how Softpedia categorizes this.
    Recently Computer Audiophile also published a review of the latest JMC 17.

The "but" is that JMC is a shareware tagged $49,98, fairly expensive a for a multimedia player. Another concern is that JMC has not really supported Windows Vista and 7 trademark features like progress bar and jump list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast