Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will SuperAd Blocker not going to be updated by their company in future ??

Will SuperAd Blocker not going to be updated by their company in future ??

Hi everyone,
    We all know about SuperAntispyware and every must agree with me that it is one of the best Antispyware product but there is another product of this company named as SUPER Adblocker.This product has got his last update on 08/16/2007 and the last updated version is 4.6.1000.After that the company forgot about Super Adblocker and they have not released any update for this product yet.I am asking this question because i have read many positive reviews about this software on many websites but when i saw the release history of this product, i was totally shocked.
    see here
    HTML Code:
    http://www.superadblocker.com/producthistory.html?id=SUPERADBLOCKER
    After that i visited toptenreviews.com and i have found that super Adblocker is still on number 1 position in its category.Have a look
    HTML Code:
    http://popup-blocker-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html
    I think they should keep their this product up to date as it has got a very positive review from the users till 2007.

I request forum members to Please give your opinions about this?
    Please also suggest some other good ad blocking products.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by niroop View Post
    I request forum members to Please give your opinions about this?
    Please also suggest some other good ad blocking products.
    Perhaps they are feeling pressure from somewhere and thus they haven't been putting much of their resources into that app (wearing my Conspiracy Hat)

Or perhaps, they are feeling the financial crunch too and are simply putting most of their available resources into SAS.

One form of ad-blocking is to use a host file like the one from MVP Hosts. As soon as I tried it out a whole lot of "stuff" stopped appearing on pages... like the ads in the top right hand corner of CNET download pages: just shows a message that "such and such" address can't be found... and the address is always related to some sort of advertising domain.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Nice list!

Flash Block is nice.

Be careful with No-Script... it can cause some pages not to even load if you aren't selective in the settings.

A non-computer-savy friend complained about her web e-mail no longer working after her paranoid brother "tweaked" her machine. A couple of questions revealed he installed No-Script and applied rather severe restrictions. Told her just to disable it and then... she was happy again.

Ashwin's post pretty much shows better alternatives to SAB.
    Actually No script is a countermeasure against JavaScript-based attacks if you don't use javascript then it is not needed otherwise it no that hard to use and one of the addons, I highly recommend for all FF users.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Perhaps they are feeling pressure from somewhere and thus they haven't been putting much of their resources into that app (wearing my Conspiracy Hat)

Or perhaps, they are feeling the financial crunch too and are simply putting most of their available resources into SAS.

One form of ad-blocking is to use a host file like the one from MVP Hosts. As soon as I tried it out a whole lot of "stuff" stopped appearing on pages... like the ads in the top right hand corner of CNET download pages: just shows a message that "such and such" address can't be found... and the address is always related to some sort of advertising domain.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Nice list!

Flash Block is nice.

Be careful with No-Script... it can cause some pages not to even load if you aren't selective in the settings.

A non-computer-savy friend complained about her web e-mail no longer working after her paranoid brother "tweaked" her machine. A couple of questions revealed he installed No-Script and applied rather severe restrictions. Told her just to disable it and then... she was happy again.
    Yes No-script can be troublesome too. Especially with blogs that use a java based comment system, (like Disqus) but it has its uses

My uncle got a rogue AV pop-up on a website and it wouldn't allow him to close the window, he used the Task manager to end FF.

But when I tried accessing the page No-script prevented the script from running

BTW Super AdBlocker isn't free.

Anyone using any other pop-up/ad blocker? Just curious

I agree with Ashwin. He has listed what all could be good to block ads.

As you mentioned there are some side-effects of NoScript, but I would still recommend it.

Thanks, Grr

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Yes No-script can be troublesome too. Especially with blogs that use a java based comment system, (like Disqus) but it has its uses

My uncle got a rogue AV pop-up on a website and it wouldn't allow him to close the window, he used the Task manager to end FF.

But when I tried accessing the page No-script prevented the script from running
    Excellent, so what sort of configuration parameters do you use for No-script? I like the idea of its protection, but am unsure of how to use it effectively against "bad" scripts without causing problems. Sounds like there's a good blog post in this.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Excellent, so what sort of configuration parameters do you use for No-script? I like the idea of its protection, but am unsure of how to use it effectively against "bad" scripts without causing problems. Sounds like there's a good blog post in this.
    Well, I don't allow scripts for every site I visit. Only the ones that I frequently visit.

I also use WOT to see if a site is safe or see the comments by users. Many sites have annoying pop-ups

As for blocking scripts, just right click on the page you are viewing and see the list of scripts, if anything looks suspicious you can do a google search to confirm if it is malicious and block it

Can someone please suggest me Some Standalone Ad-Blocking Applications.
    I am using Opera and Internet explorer and sometimes Apple Safari for browsing web.

I am not using Firefox but it seems from the replies that all my Forum friends have FIREFOX installed.

Quote Originally Posted by niroop View Post
    Can someone please suggest me Some Standalone Ad-Blocking Applications.
    I am using Opera and Internet explorer and sometimes Apple Safari for browsing web.
    LOL

Ok here you go

Simple Ad-block for IE

AdblockIE

Fanboy's Adblock List for Opera

No ads (addon for Opera)

I am not using Firefox but it seems from the replies that all my Forum friends have FIREFOX installed.
    Firefox is the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast