Thread: Anyone having problems with Avast Web Rep plugin?

Anyone having problems with Avast Web Rep plugin?

Yesterday I came across a weird problem while emailing through Gmail. After sending the email I saw Avast adding the below two lines automatically without intimating me. And its so annoying.

Attachment 158

Today, the problem was rectified on its own. So, any idea why Avast behaved like that? Is Avast utilizing us to test their new features?

Any Avast users came across this problem?

I never looked that something like this happened. I am having avast on 2 of my systems right now. Will check if it happens.

It seems to be strange.

Webrep is like WOT. Personally I see that Avast is "encouraging" us to test their software...this ver6.0.1000 was half-baked and released fast that there was a lot of problems. Visit their forums there and you'll see. They have an RC build now and again, they are "encouraging" us to use this RC if we encounter any problems with the ver6.0.1000. The RC says that the Webrep issue has been improved. Well...we'll see. I moved back to ver5.1.889(AIS) had a couple of troubles updating with version 6.0.1000 (including my AvastFree ver6) that I resorted to uninstalling/re-installing 2x. I hate that. Makes me an idiot even though I am definitely positive what I did was right(followed their instructions there). I'll move back to the latest version when it's fine and ready. If not and I get problems even with ver5.1.889 then I'll use a freeware combination in the meantime (thinking of Prevx / Avira Personal ) to cover things up security wise. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by constantine View Post
    Webrep is like WOT. Personally I see that Avast is "encouraging" us to test their software...this ver6.0.1000 was half-baked and released fast that there was a lot of problems. Visit their forums there and you'll see. They have an RC build now and again, they are "encouraging" us to use this RC if we encounter any problems with the ver6.0.1000. The RC says that the Webrep issue has been improved. Well...we'll see. I moved back to ver5.1.889(AIS) had a couple of troubles updating with version 6.0.1000 (including my AvastFree ver6) that I resorted to uninstalling/re-installing 2x. I hate that. Makes me an idiot even though I am definitely positive what I did was right(followed their instructions there). I'll move back to the latest version when it's fine and ready. If not and I get problems even with ver5.1.889 then I'll use a freeware combination in the meantime (thinking of Prevx / Avira Personal ) to cover things up security wise. Just my opinion.
    Avast building RC now? After releasing final version they are going back to RC? Something is definitely wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Avast building RC now? After releasing final version they are going back to RC? Something is definitely wrong....
    Sounds like marketing pressure... "Suits" tend to trump "Techs" in most games

U could post abt it on Avast forum..& ask for an explanation

I got it. Ashwin explained about it. Right now, Avast stable version is 6.1. They may be building a new version like 6.2 or something which is in RC stage. So, they are telling users to update to latest RC that is 6.2 RC from current 6.1 stable version.

Hmmm...I have AISver6 and when I have an update problem told me to update to ver6.0.1207 from ver6.0.1000. Then from 6.0.1027 told me to x.x.1035 and now 1044! I do not know what they did but really this version 6 was "rushed" and a lot of the problems showed a day after it's release. Now with all the RC they are telling us to try it out and be developers for their program...wow...

Posted there and now I don't get any replies because it seems I posted to much of a problem with the updates. imho not good for a product of the masses..."selective helping"....

Have you guys tried updating manually via he vpsudate.exe when using ver6.0.1027 or 1035 0r 1044? Download the updates from the webiste. They have two buttons there for ver5 and ver6 and the other one is for ver4. Then execute it. Maybe you can confirm if the updates posted are for all or only the stable-cum-final ver6.0.1000. When I do that the update installer says that it cannot be used because I am using ver1044 and the vpsupdate is for ver6.0.1000. Nobody in the avast forums wants to confirm that there...so I quit using it went back to Avira.

Just my two cents.