Thread: Google's Chrome untouched at Pwn2Own hack match

Google's Chrome untouched at Pwn2Own hack match

Computerworld - Google's $20,000 was as safe at Pwn2Own Wednesday as if it had been in the bank. The search giant had promised to pay $20,000 to the first researcher who broke into Chrome on the hacking contest's opening day.But no one took up Google's offer.
    On Wednesday, researchers successfully exploited Safari and Internet Explorer.

Glad i use chromium as my primary browser

Even last year or two years back, I don't remember exactly, Chrome remain unhacked at Pwn2Own competition. Everyone said that Chrome is new to market so it takes time to hack it. But, now hackers had considerable time to study and hack Chrome. And if it remains unhacked even this time, then Google is doing a brilliant job and its a remarkable achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Even last year or two years back, I don't remember exactly, Chrome remain unhacked at Pwn2Own competition. Everyone said that Chrome is new to market so it takes time to hack it. But, now hackers had considerable time to study and hack Chrome. And if it remains unhacked even this time, then Google is doing a brilliant job and its a remarkable achievement.
    Might be or it's User base is too small to attract hackers

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Might be or it's User base is too small to attract hackers
    Chrome is now 3rd most widely used Web Browser, so the user base is large Grr. The advantage Google have is that the hackers are interested in telling those flaws to Google itself and make money from it, as Google is giving lots and lots of money to those who find such bugs. Once see this page,

Under stable and beta channel updates you can see how much the hackers are earning for each bug they report.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    Mozilla Firefox left untouched at Pwn2Own hack match too.
    For Chrome 3rd year in a row, for Firefox it's the firs time!