Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Show us your desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Thank you Ashwin for the screenshot and info. So I can download and install the Lion theme 12 but opt-out of installing the Finder Bar? I like the way you have the taskbar in your screenshot and would like mine to look that way if I install it. Is that possible with Lion Theme 12 then? Like Sam showed you, those screenshots of the theme on Softpedia for the Taskbar looks yuck with the black finder bar.
    Download the offline installer from Deviantart

Extract and run the setup file. Uncheck the extras.

Choose these: TopTaskbar, SmallTaskbar, and RefreshIconCache

You can choose others you like, foreg: MacBootScreen , Cursors, Media, etc.

Looks great ash .... have you installed that patch?? UXPatcher or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Looks great ash .... have you installed that patch?? UXPatcher or something like that.
    The skin pack includes that patch and tons of stuff.

yes, that i understood else the theme won't have worked. But my question is, is it safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    yes, that i understood else the theme won't have worked. But my question is, is it safe?
    You didn't ask that in your earlier post

It can be uninstalled, and you can create a restore point just to make sure

No malwares/spywares.

It has been featured in AskVG and Lifehacker too.

How to take a desktop screenshot:-

1) Press "PrintScreen Sys Rq" button when you are on the the desktop. Then open MS paint. Using the Select tool draw a rectangle and right click and select paste. Save this image as a .png file.
    OR
    If you have Windows7(Home Premium edition and above), open you star menu and search for "Snipping Tool". Open this tool and draw a rectange around the area you want to capture. Save it as a .png file.

2) If your desktop has some sensitive information just edit it using paint or Snipping tools editor.

3) Upload the saved file to a image hosting client like Tinypic or Imageshack and post the IMG code url here. The img code looks lik this [IMG]www.xxx.com/xx[/IMG] where x stands for the web sites name.

Thats it your done.
    Mods pls move this post to the top of the thread it will help people to post a desktop screenshot.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Arnab if you dont want to use UXTheme patcher try VistaGlazz which i find is better and safer than UXtheme patcher. Vista Glazz works fine on windows 7. You need the patch to run 3rd party themes

Here is my desktop:-

http://i44.tinypic.com/345hmrb.png

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Jeremy if you ask me until absolutely necessary I would not use a theme pack. I am a custo fan and I do most of the tweaks manually. It is safer, better, you have control and you also gain knowledge.

Just to be on the safer side use CTM(Comodo Time machine) to take a snapshot of your pc. I have encoutered this pronlem that in certain cases System Restore fails or it does not properly restore back everything which had been modified to its original state.

Jeremy if your using theme packs be ready to reinstall. Ash whydid you have to use the ei.cfg remover utility. You could have directly deleted that file manually. I do that so that i get an option during install. Same thing done with my vista dvd. Vista dvd is better as it also has a 32bit cum 64bit edition install cd .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456