Thread: Review + Giveaway of Diskeeper 2011 Professional with HyperFast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IntelliWrite Fragmentation Prevention
    IntelliWrite is the ground breaking technology that prevents the majority of fragmentation from ever occurring, Rather then waiting for fragmentation to occur, IntelliWrite prevents fragmentation from occuring in the first place.

By default IntelliWrite Fragmentation Prevention is ON after you install Diskeeper.

Automatic Defragmentation Mode
    In Automatic Defragmentation mode, Diskeeper works automatically in the background, with no negative performance impact on other applications that are running, improving the performance of your computer without slowing down other operations while doing so. For this reason, Automatic Defragmentation is the recommended method for keeping your computer running at its peak potential.

By default, Automatic Defragmentation is enabled on all your volumes when Diskeeper is installed. You can turn Automatic Defragmentation on or off based on a weekly pattern, or based on specific dates you choose.

I-FAAST - Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology
    This feature is only available for NTFS volumes. FAT volumes are not supported. I-FAAST improves file access and creation on NTFS volumes by up to 80% (average 10%-20%) above and beyond the improvement provided by defragmentation alone.

Note that I-FAAST Defragmentation is only available when Automatic Defragmentation is enabled on a volume.

Boot-Time Defragmentation Overview

Boot-Time Defragmentation consists of three independent activities:
    **Directory Defragmentation and Consolidation
    **Paging File Defragmentation
    **Master File Table (MFT) Defragmentation

PROS:
    1. Requires least manual intervention after installation
    2. Installer is not huge and installation was quick
    3. Provides Graphical representation of all the activities- Easy to understand
    4. Supports
    Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7
    5. Help file is useful

CONS:
    1. Interface is very confusing
    2. Could have an option like Expert/Advanced view to show additional menus in the interface, thereby keeping the menu/interface clean
    3. Quite costly
    4. The background service eats up the CPU up to 99% at times.

Rules:

1. Minimum posts 5
    2. Please let us know what do you currently use for defragmentation.
    3. Anything you would like to see to be added to Diskeeper.
    4. Install the trial version and post a screenshot of "System Performance Report".
    (trial download link Mike before end of the day Wednesday, April-20. [/B]The winners will then receive a download link from Diskeeper that has the license key built into them.

In case of failure another eligible participant will be passed the license.
    After sending the email please confirm here in this thread .

Thanks, Grr

Last edited by Mike; 18-04-11 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Update: Winners to be announced on Monday, April-18.

Thanks for the giveaway!

I've read about Diskeeper - there's even reports it's been able to fix the dreaded "Volume Bitmap error" on XP hard drives!

Currently I use Perfect Disk 11. Sometimes I use Puran Defrag.

I can think of anything I want to see added to Diskeeper. It has stuff that others don't have like showing Performance status as well as File status on a drive and creating a boot-time defrag report (nice!)

Here's my screen shot: http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/.../Diskeeper.jpg