Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [langtitle=vi]Free full version of Ashampoo Anti-Malware 1.21[/langtitle]

[langtitle=vi]Free full version of Ashampoo Anti-Malware 1.21[/langtitle]

I have been using it for awhile now, I think it is a good program.

I tried it and decided that I I did not like it. The GUI is unpleasant, but that is a minor flaw. What really turned me off is a MAJOR bug: when I boot and log into my account everything is fine. However, when I log off and log in again into another account (with the PC running) I get the pop-up error that File Guard failed to fire up, The error could easily be reproduced. The first account (user or administrator, does not matter) always works fine, but when I switch user (or log out and into another account) I ghet the said error message. It is not my hardware, though, because other people were also experiencing it. So, what are your experiences?

When you installed it, did it give you the option to install for "Anyone using this computer" or "Install for current user only"? Some programs give you that option when you go to install the program. If you try to re-install and it gives you that options, be sure to select "Install for anyone using this computer"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    When you installed it, did it give you the option to install for "Anyone using this computer" or "Install for current user only"? Some programs give you that option when you go to install the program. If you try to re-install and it gives you that options, be sure to select "Install for anyone using this computer"
    As I recall it, it did not. Would be unusual for security software anyway. After switching to another account, it tried to start, failed and spawned the said error message. It made no difference whether it was an administrator or an user-account: the first one that was addressed always worked fine, while the second failed. There was actually a work around: after getting the error message I switched file-guard off and fired it up manually, then it got working fine again.

I am glad you got it to work for you. I actually have been using the program for awhile and I was skeptical at first, but it has caught some malware that some other programs did not and I use quite a few anti-malware products. In my opinion, it is a solid program and you can't beat the price!

I installed this today got a free key and activated it. It said full version is activated successfully.

But when I clicked on "Signature update" it says,

"Your license key for signature updates is invalid or has expired. You are therefore not/no longer entitled to download signature updates."
    Please purchase a license renewal

Update: I have fixed the issue

Uninstalled Ashampoo AM.

Navigated to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Ashampoo and deleted Ashampoo AM folder.

Re-installed and used "Get free license" button
    Last edited by Ashwin; 13-04-11 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    I installed this today got a free key and activated it. It said full version is activated successfully.

But when I clicked on "Signature update" it says,

"Your license key for signature updates is invalid or has expired. You are therefore not/no longer entitled to download signature updates."
    Please purchase a license renewal

Update: I have fixed the issue

Uninstalled Ashampoo AM.

Navigated to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Ashampoo and deleted Ashampoo AM folder.

Re-installed and used "Get free license" button

Did u try updating the signatures then?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Did u try updating the signatures then?
    Yes I did, and it worked and the license is for 180 days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast