Thread: HD Video Converter Factory Pro giveaway (open for 7 days)

HD Video Converter Factory Pro giveaway (open for 7 days)

Windows Club are organising a promo for HD Video Converter Factory Pro

HD Video Converter Factory Pro is the powerful and professional High Definition Video Conversion software and it builds in 150+ video formats, it can easily support Multi-track HD video M2TS, MKV, AVCHD, HDTV BDAV and MPEG-TS video movies.

To read more about the software, visit:

Just fill up the form at the promo page to get your license:

Note: The giveaway will close in 7 days.

source:

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Shocked by another video converter promo?

Ashwin: Any special comments on this software? Thanks!

I have this converter since November 2010, and.. nothing great or bad about it, its just another "all in one converter", it doesn't use GPU processing(ati stream or cuda), so the speed its just like any other converter, the quality too..
    The "special video effect's" have limited usage because of the small preview window, but it does import avs(avisynth) scripts.. so the filtering could be done with avisynth.
    It doesn't import DVD-video directly.. but it does have a lot of output formats, nice gui.. etc

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    Ashwin: Any special comments on this software? Thanks!
    Yet to install it.

My favorite converters are Iwisoft video converter and Daniusoft video converter

@video Do you know if the program will convert .mkv to another format such as .Avi without loss of subtitles? I watch a lot of Anime videos and a lot of them are in .MKV format, which separates audio, video and subtitles. I have tried other video converters that say they can convert .mkv files, but when I try them, the video converts, but the subtitles are lost. Do you know if it will keep subtitles when converting from .mkv?

P.S. Does anyone know a converter that will properly convert .mkv to another format while keeping the subtitles? Thanks everyone.

Im not sure about "HD Video Converter Factory Pro", but i think you should try "Freemake Video Converter"(free).
    From the product web page... "Convert DVD, MKV, MOV with embedded subtitles to any video format or device for free. Add SSA/SRT/ASS external subtitles to any video with our free video converter. "
    So.. you probably should extract the subtitles from the mkv , or find the appropriate subtitle for that movie, and than load the mkv AND the external subtitle in "freemake"

Thank you for the information video. I downloaded HD Video Converter Factory Pro and it indeed does not keep the subtitles intact when converting a .mkv formated video to another format. Even when you try to play the .mkv video in HD Video Converter Factory Pro's built in video player, there are no subtitles. I have all the necessary codecs to play .mkv's with subtitles (they work perfectly in Windows Media Player, VLC, etc. using combined Community codec pack) I checked the websites help section and it says it is an easy thing to do.

Quoted from Wonderfox's original website:

The

"When you have found a good related video converter, [They recommend a few sentences below] I think it will be not difficult for you to finish the converting process, here I just list ;some basic processes below:
    1. a MKV to WMV converter and learn how to use it
    2. Add your MKV files
    3. Choose WMV as the output video format
    4. Set the parameters of the video that you want to get
    5. Click Start to convert!
    6. Finish converting and enjoy your converted WMV video

Here I recommend you a good video converter - , it is an all in one video converter that can support nearly all video formats besides MKV and WMV, it is powerful, safe and easy to use, and you can transfer MKV to WMV in a single step!
    With HD Video Converter Factory Pro, how to transfer MKV to WMV will be not a problem!"

I e-mailed customer support and I am waiting on their response. As of right now from what I can tell, yes you can convert .mkv files to other formats, but you are going to lose your subtitles.

Again thank you video for the suggestion of
    Freemake Video Converter.

Edit: It appears Freemake Video converter does in fact keep the subtitles intact when using an .mkv file. I have not tried to burn a DVD to see if the subtitles remain on the DVD, however when you play it in the programs video player, there is an option to turn the subtitles on. I did so and sure enough the subtitles where there! Awesome suggestion on the program video, I thank you and hopefully the subtitles will stay intact when I burn it to disc.

Edit #2: I was able to burn a disc with Freemake Video Converter and it DID keep the subtitles. But for whatever reason, it cuts the video quality in half, making the DVD look somewhat like VHS quality. I only used about 1.5 gigs out of 4.7 of the DVD so I do not understand while the quality of the video was so poor. I double checked the settings in options and set it to native resolution, but it still burned it at half of that quality.

It looks like I am back to doing the two-step method of using two programs. I use Format Factory (Freeware) to convert .MKV to another format (It keeps original resolution and original subtitles), then after converting, using ConvertXtoDVD to actually burn the DVD at high quality. I just wish there was an all in one program that would convert and burn in the same program while maintaining the high quality of the original input video.

Again, I thank you video for the awesome suggestion. The program you suggested does in fact do what I was hoping for except there is too much loss in video quality, and I do not know why, even when only putting a few files and not compressing them in any way.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 22-04-11 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Added results

Thanks for the info Ash.
    Mee too like Daniusoft.