Thread: Get Windows 8 Like User Tile In Windows 7 Taskbar

Get Windows 8 Like User Tile In Windows 7 Taskbar

http://www.door2windows.com/wp-conte...arusertile.png

Taskbar UserTile is a free portable tool for Windows 7 that allows you to get Windows 8 like user picture in the taskbar.

How To Use:

Just run the tool and it will add the user picture in the taskbar. Clicking on the picture, shows you the options for Control Panel (My Settings), User Accounts (My Look), Switch User, Log off and Lock PC. To close it right-click on the picture and select Close. To show a video or different picture in the tool, add the location of your video or picture after AvatarPath= in the config.ini file which exists in the folder where you extracted the download archive of the tool.

Article brought to you by Door 2 Windows:

Program/Tool brought to you by AngelWZR

going to pass it off..

Pass it off? Does that mean share it, or you're going to pass on using it? (Sorry I just don't understand what that means)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    Pass it off? Does that mean share it, or you're going to pass on using it? (Sorry I just don't understand what that means)

I meant that I'll not try it out, even though it looks exciting..

Maybe its in alpha stage so it better to wait for a final or atleast beta versions.

I actually used the tool and it does work, but only if you have your Windows Taskbar placed at the bottom of your screen. Also you have to manually put in the file path of your picture/avatar in the config.ini, which would hopefully be changed to something easier for some people. One other thing is it's a stand alone tool, not a installer meaning you have to run the tool every time you start windows (You can manually add it to startup items, but over all it seems like a bit much for some. I say make an installer so it installs, works, and you can then forget about it). As Alpha said since it is in the alpha stage, hopefully some of these changes will be implemented in future versions. I personally would like to use it if it is something easy to install and configure, I think it is kinda neat and will be a nice feature to the taskbar in Windows 8. For now though if you want to try it out to get a glimpse of what it will look like and/or use it, it does in fact work. It just needs polishing up.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 24-04-11 at 06:10 AM.