Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malwarebytes Anti Malware Feedback

Thumbs up MBAM Pro review, Proud to be a Winner..

Hi Avinash,

Here is my review on the MBAM Pro. Yes I'm a proud winner of Lifetime MBAM!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/x5qzoh.jpg

Positives:

1. system does not hangs, etc
    2. can continue with general activities like email, docs & others
    3. As I said earlier (in blog), GUI is sweet & simple..
    4. As I said earlier (in blog), low on resources

In general usage is:

CPU usage: 0-50
    Memory: 60-61K

What is required?

1. Sometimes the CPU usage shoots up to 50%, I don't understand why? See below:

http://i50.tinypic.com/syt5pi.jpg

2. The scan shows "Time Elapsed", but i hope we should also have "Time Remaining", however MBAM could show this new parameter based on results from last 4 scans.
    3. There should be a prompt before scanning to turn off other active protections (like I have Avast)
    4. updates usually are of the size 4Mb & more, this could be reduced.
    5. Once Protection is disabled from taskbar, there is no option in the GUI TAB-Protection to start it.
    6. In the PRO version, with right-click ontaskbar icon, there should be a help option available-for easy&fast access.
    7. In the GUI TAB-Protection, there is no option to stop protection. It is a must. Currently only stop protection is through the icon in Taskbar.
    8. From the taskbar, if 1st "Enable Protection" & "IP Protection" r both enabled, then 2nd if then both disabled, then 3rd if I try to enable just "IP Protection", many times it doesn't gets enabled.
    9. In the taskbar MBAM icon on right-click there is no About option. So in case I have to check what version/definitions I have (i always keep auto updates disabled) i need to open GUI. I don't c a reason of not having this option, as it is very andy & wouldn't eat any resources.
    10. In the scan results I would prefer to see Mb scanned, apart from listing Objects scanned. The reason is (see below), for different Full scans I see there is a considerable time difference.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
    Database version: 3838
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

Objects scanned: 224628
    Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 15 second(s)
    Database version: 3838

Objects scanned: 224418
    Time elapsed: 36 minute(s), 34 second(s)
    Database version: 3808

Objects scanned: 223714
    Time elapsed: 31 minute(s), 44 second(s)
    Database version: 3781

Objects scanned: 222270
    Time elapsed: 33 minute(s), 35 second(s)
    Database version: 3704

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|E:\|)
    Objects scanned: 215070
    Time elapsed: 29 minute(s), 22 second(s)

11. The | in the scan (see below) r quite confusing:

http://i47.tinypic.com/344xyww.jpg

In total, I'm truly satisfied..

With some of the points I suggested above r implemented, it would be more beneficial.
    Last edited by Grr; 09-03-10 at 08:46 AM. Reason: new points added, based on my tests/use

That sure is a lot of stuff you have on your taskbar Grrr, although i could only see Avast,spybot,battery,volume,MBAM,USB, Wireless and Task Manager. :-)
    LOL. And you have hidden some more, is your Laptop stable enough to handle all that and still run fast?

Grr that's quite some observation you have got there hope it helps the developers,"|" is also confusing for me too maybe the developers could help here also like you said the size of updates could be reduced.
    You don't need spybot if you have MBAM!
    I definitely what MBAM Pro to go mainstream that just a addition.like said b4 it would great if MBAM Pro could detect and destroy hidden files,Autorun.inf,Autorun.in,ctfmon.exe,etc. folders in pen drives.One option which is difficult that could be considered is if some important file is infected,instead of deletion it should be cleaned[very few AV's do this],only when file is infected beyond cleaning it should be deleted.Site Advisor feature would be lovely.Detection of keyloggers is a must.Zero day protection could be given a thought.Smart updates which install fast without knowing is good instead of manual.Self protection of MBAM files from manipulation from other programs or malwares is again a must.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    That sure is a lot of stuff you have on your taskbar Grrr, although i could only see Avast,spybot,battery,volume,MBAM,USB, Wireless and Task Manager. :-)
    LOL. And you have hidden some more, is your Laptop stable enough to handle all that and still run fast?
    Yes Ashwin, but lappy works good..

Thanks everyone for the reviews. Grr , you did a fabulous job in bringing those observations. Good to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Thanks everyone for the reviews. Grr , you did a fabulous job in bringing those observations. Good to see it.
    Thanks Avinash..

hi avinash.sorry for the belated feedback.i think i wrong mind ur rule.i tought u mean comment.i loved mbam pro.i didnt faced any problem until now.sometimes using too much cpu .and sometimes doesnt allow to open trustfull website also.then i m closing ip control.thats all.ty bro.

Quote Originally Posted by imgelem View Post
    hi avinash.sorry for the belated feedback.i think i wrong mind ur rule.i tought u mean comment.i loved mbam pro.i didnt faced any problem until now.sometimes using too much cpu .and sometimes doesnt allow to open trustfull website also.then i m closing ip control.thats all.ty bro.
    Thank you for the feedback mate. Your name is removed from blacklist now. Hope to hear more from you.

Hello Avinash sorry for the late feedback. I moved to coimbatore after getting a job ther and i have no net connection at my hostel.I returned to chennai last sunday to attend a friends marriage. Thank you very much for the malwarebytes license code. I have not used it many times since i have been out of city for few months and not used my computer. I scanned with malwarebytes, quick scan said my computer is clean.
    will you erase my name from blacklist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12