Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Tried and Tested GDATA Internet Security 2010?

Has Anyone Tried and Tested GDATA Internet Security 2010?

Hi Everybody,
    I would like to about this uk-based Anti-virus which is considered one of the best.They claim there detection rate is 99.98%,which if I am not wrong is highest among all other Anti-viruses.Many have suggested it as the best.Can I know your suggestions and advice?

Yes it is one of the top security product and one of the cheapest products I ever found. Do you know that GData Internet Security just costs $29.95, where as other companies cost around $60. I too never installed GDATA inspite of knowing that it is one of the best. So, I am also waiting for comments here.

P.S. : The reason for its high detection rate is that it uses Avast and Bitdefender engines to remove malware.
    Last edited by Samuel; 07-03-10 at 08:45 AM.

Well, Just by first look i feel scared even to test it. The reason , the setup file is whopping 273 MB. What the heck you need something like 273 MB of setup file just for a antivirus or internet security.

As I have not tested it personally so i cant have a honest personal opinion on that but i went through few users feedback at forums and the reaction was not good about it. As the setup is whopping 273 MB, I think it will be full of bloats or things which you dont need. Also the system may get slow as many users talked about in other forums.

Yes Avinash,
    I agree 273 MB definitely seems like bloated and resource hogger[Bitdefender engine I guess],still what I don't understand is why it so cheap as said by Samuel and considered top in other places?Frankly I don't know which which Anti-Virus to trust,maybe 99.7% A2 Squared Anti-Malware 4.5 is little better[tried its free version was quite good].I sincerely hope Cloud based AV's[like Panda,Rising]is a boon and a blessing though Cloud computing is very much in experimental stage for now so can't say much about it...

PS I have read in other forums and comments that even KIS 2010 has failed to detect some virus,which kind of shook me up a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    I have read in other forums and comments that even KIS 2010 has failed to detect some virus,which kind of shook me up a little bit
    No Antivirus solution can give you a 100% protection and there will be always few undetected malware, virus etc as new malware, viruses keep on surfacing everyday. So even the best one cant guarantee you for full proof protection.

Yes, no antivirus is perfect and can't guarantee you 100% protection (Especially on Windows). The criteria for best antivirus will be fewer false positives, higher detection rate and least resource usage. These three are major considerations in antivirus testing and rating.

I have tried GData Internet Security but immediately remove it as the file size is too large and the speed is not fast at all. No security software is perfect. You better try and select the best ones that suit you much!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Yes, no antivirus is perfect and can't guarantee you 100% protection (Especially on Windows). The criteria for best antivirus will be fewer false positives, higher detection rate and least resource usage. These three are major considerations in antivirus testing and rating.
    Unfortunately I did not try this Antivirus yet dude. But, it is reported that this antivirus is good? Is it true?..CMIIW..

[langtitle=fr]gdata[/langtitle]

[lang=fr]trés trés lourd [/lang]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast