Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test your Antivirus and Firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Hey kavin thanks friend for your suggestion,but I am still not convinced between firewalls of online armor[don't get me wrong OA firewall is top-class no doubts about it],Sygate,Jotti and Outpost.I am searching for it.
    As far a Raymond.cc rule is that you can post links to his site not the entire articles here itself,I hope it clear now!
    BTW welcome to the forum.
    A polite request, lets not deviate from the topic here. It might confuse new members. Let us head over to general chit chat and discuss about other websites :-)
    Last edited by Avinash; 18-06-10 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    A polite request, lets not deviate from the topic here. It might confuse new members. Let us head over to general chit chat and discuss about other websites :-)
    Sorry Ashwin,If I deviated from the original topic,I said these in support,no confusion was intended for new members

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Sorry Ashwin,If I deviated from the original topic,I said these in support,no confusion was intended for new members
    Oh no i dont have any problems, what i meant was, if any new member followed the title of the thread to test his security and read the comments, he would become confused.

We can start a topic under General chat about what we should share at Avtech forum, if you are interested i.e

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Oh no i dont have any problems, what i meant was, if any new member followed the title of the thread to test his security and read the comments, he would become confused.

We can start a topic under General chat about what we should share at Avtech forum, if you are interested i.e
    Agreed pal.

Maybe, I need to make a change, NIS's firewall isn't good enough

which one will you chose to install among these vendors?

Zone alarm
    outpost
    private firewall
    Pctools firewall

Quote Originally Posted by springname View Post
    Maybe, I need to make a change, NIS's firewall isn't good enough

which one will you chose to install among these vendors?

Zone alarm
    outpost
    private firewall
    Pctools firewall
    I recently dumped NIS, tried Outpost free version on Win XP, but it lacks HIPS, so I switched to Online Armor.

Testing Private Firewall on Win 7.

You can try any one of the above that you mentioned, or Online Armor.

Let me say. NIS Firewall can block GRC test if you turn off the silent mode. But surprisingly PC Tools cannot block leaktest. There have been some arguments that it is a FP by GRC test. But don't know why this FP occurs specifically with PC Tools Firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    Let me say. NIS Firewall can block GRC test if you turn off the silent mode. But surprisingly PC Tools cannot block leaktest. There have been some arguments that it is a FP by GRC test. But don't know why this FP occurs specifically with PC Tools Firewall.
    Im rather inexperienced with PC tools firewall, I prefer Outpost/OA to it.
    (PC Tools FW never worked on my PC due to some driver issues)

Anyway, the default mode (silent) of the Norton firewall is somewhat unnerving at times. You never know what is allowing/blocking, that is why I prefer a firewall with a strong HIPS.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 18-06-10 at 02:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12