Thread: Test your Antivirus and Firewall.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well the test doesn't seem complicated,but I don't think I have a firewall,missed the online armor++ from GOTD[actually there is way/trick to install software later]
    BTW,I personally want to know which is the best firewall,Online armor++,Sygate,Jettico,Outpost,etc.
    Even though comodo scored 1st first place in matousec,I have doubts bcoz I read that they use our gathered info. to advertisers which goes against privacy.Maybe this info. is also included in their EULA too,sad comodo free firewall definitely has potential to provide good security yet they are doing this probably for money I guess.

What's you take ashwin and others?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Well the test doesn't seem complicated,but I don't think I have a firewall,missed the online armor++ from GOTD[actually there is way/trick to install software later]
    BTW,I personally want to know which is the best firewall,Online armor++,Sygate,Jettico,Outpost,etc.
    Even though comodo scored 1st first place in matousec,I have doubts bcoz I read that they use our gathered info. to advertisers which goes against privacy.Maybe this info. is also included in their EULA too,sad comodo free firewall definitely has potential to provide good security yet they are doing this probably for money I guess.

What's you take ashwin and others?
    Hi Vivek,

A need for a firewall depends on what anti-virus solution you use.
    If you have an Internet security suite like Kaspersky you probably do not require a firewall.
    Mostly because it wouldnt let you install one.
    Take the leaktest and see for yourself, (no harm to your PC even if you dont have a firewall, trust me)

My current realtime security: (Dont use this if you have a slow computer)
    I use Comodo Firewall 4.0, Spyware terminator 2.3(old version but with the latest updates) with Realtime shield,HIPS and Web security guard and Norton Internet Security. (Norton's smart firewall blocks intrusions and known threats, thats why i use Comodo)

I would recommend PCtools firewall, it is the editor's pick in Majorgeeks.com
    Code:
    http://majorgeeks.com/downloads34.html
    PCtools firewall is incompatible with my NIS. But you can try it.

Other recommendations are Outpost free, Outpost Pro
    6 months license for Outpost Pro here
    Code:
    http://www.binterest.com/free-giveaway-outpost-6-7-firewall-pro-for-180-days/
    Glad you performed the test. Of course it wasnt complicated, but some people might have been intimidated by the very word "Virus".

And what is the trick that you talk about using GAOD software later???
    Is it the temp file trick created during installation or something else? Could you share it with us?