Thread: About NetBeans 6.8???

About NetBeans 6.8???

Hello Everybody,
    I am doing a project on semantic search engine using netbeans 6.8.Now the problem,netbeans 6.8 is sized a massive 288MB along with JDK6 which is 78MB,I am absolutely sure this slow down my system by all cost,So should I proceed installing netbeans for my project or is another software which could help me?

System Configuration
    Windows XP Pro.
    SP2
    Intel core 2 duo CPU
    T540 @ 1.60Ghz
    1.58Mhz,2.99GB of Ram

Well, having a big setup doesn't mean always that it will hog down your system. This conception is true to a certain extent in case of antivirus solutions, but not in other cases.

Just give it a try and i dont think it will make your system slow untill you are running too many instances of it or using it for some extensive work.

Hi, you don't need to be afraid of NetBeans slowing down your system, especially if you have 3GB of RAM. This 288 MB contains some runtimes such as GlassFish appserver, JavaFX runtime or Java ME emulator - you will not need all of them at the same time. Also there are many bundled libraries, samples and documentation, which take up disk space but do not affect system performance. Next, after starting up, NetBeans only activates the features that you really use, so the unused features are just sitting on the disk not affecting performance. If you know you will need only a subset of the functionality, you can download a specific smaller download bundle, or choose to only install specific components in the installer. Please try it out and let us know what you think about the performance. Thanks for your interest,

Petr Jiricka, NetBeans team.

Thank you Petr for clarifying this . Hope Vivek will give it a try or may already have given it a try.

Would love to hear the feedback from him.

Thanks Petr Jiricka for the clarifiaction,I already installed Netbeans 6.8 and everything seems to be working fine with no problems.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Thanks Petr Jiricka for the clarifiaction,I already installed Netbeans 6.8 and everything seems to be working fine with no problems.
    u have 3gb RAM, i have used it on 1gb ram...and it was ssssssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwww :lol