Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The bad side of avira

Thanks for the inputs guyz but honestly speaking we all know" what to do?". But this thread mainly focus on "Why avira did this?". Anyway as long as its detection rate is good and it doesn't turned into a resource hogger people can ignore these things.

Why avira did this---> MoneY....annoy the users and force them buy...or bye..

Why..?
    Besides money and stupid company management... nothing else i can think of.
    If they do some more effective and more aggressive advertisement of they're own paid product, and if they add a little effort in making the AV-Gui look more modern, colorful and eye catching... they would have more users(and money).
    Avira is effective AV product, but its kind of ugly duck..
    Someone want's a fast car, someone else want's economic fuel consumption or low maintenance cost car, but everyone wants a good looking one.
    And if you have never heard of some product, you will not buy it, and at least 50% of the people i know NEVER heard of Avira, and they all "know" about Norton, Kaspersky....
    Last edited by video; 17-06-11 at 03:44 PM.

Count your blessings, guys. and don't bash Avira. If you don't want it, just quit.

I cleaned about 30 computers in small firm. On all computers - Avira. At each patient it was revealed more than 100 various viruses. At the champion was 106.
    I think comments are not necessary. Bad side? Bad AV! Best of free variants - Avast. From paid - Kaspersky or Avast.

Corno, im not bashing Avira, i like it and i use it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by helpcor View Post
    I cleaned about 30 computers in small firm. On all computers - Avira. At each patient it was revealed more than 100 various viruses. At the champion was 106.
    I think comments are not necessary. Bad side? Bad AV! Best of free variants - Avast. From paid - Kaspersky or Avast.
    I cleaned X number of computers that had Avira, (mostly)Avast, Norton, Bitdefender, Kaspersky... you name it.
    On the other hand.. i have Avira for years, and i don't have any virus at least 1.5-2 years.

Maybe Avira did it for the Lulz

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corno View Post
    Count your blessings, guys. and don't bash Avira. If you don't want it, just quit.
    Never used Avira for a considerable period of time but any free AV product will helps in keeping the Microsoft ecosystem deserves respect

Avira is not doing very well so they must be an adware from now on. Sad ... but true.

Quote Originally Posted by ugedej77 View Post
    Avira is not doing very well so they must be an adware from now on. Sad ... but true.
    Everybody cashes out money for Microsoft OSs, but other software we want for free. Free does not pay the bill, isn't it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast