Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The bad side of avira

The bad side of avira

AVIRA IS NOW SENDING MAILS TO FREE AV USERS TO INSTALL ASK TOOLBAR(AVIRA USED TO FLAG THIS AS A VIRUS EARLIER) TO GET FREE WEBGAURD PROTECTION. Even the paid av is not spared. Avira is also recommending to use uniblue products. Avira has also restarted notifier ads. Beware avira users.

Souce: raymond.cc(thnx)

more info at

Surprising they are doing such things. If i remember correctly last time they topped the list in av comparatives. Always heard its a good av but i personally was never a fan of it and after this will never be. Maybe they are in a self-destruction mode

Thanks for the info Bala. Removing Avira now

Pity to hear that as I am a favourite fan of it and am still using her Avira Premium now!

I use Avira for years, and now.. i guess ill keep using it, just i (hope i can choose) wont accept Ask Toolbar and i don't need the webguard, And for the recommending Unblue... if it's present only on the "update pop-up".. i dont mind, ill just close the window as always.

I use Avira for years, and now.. i guess ill keep using it, just i (hope i can choose) wont accept Ask Toolbar and i don't need the webguard, And for the recommending Unblue... if it's present only on the "update pop-up".. i dont mind, ill just close the window as always.
    Same to me !

These inconveniences are small beer. Avira has to keep its ground in a fiercely competative market. Nothing to get excited about! Just use customized install and untick what you don't want.

corno: Thanks for the advice. I just intend to remove Avira and replace by another software.

Thanx guyz. The main prob is avira flags ask tb as a malware and now offering to install it. Nowadays its very common. Even avast offers chrome. Even nag screen (notifier after update) has restarted. Nothing is clear at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast