Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 RC released to testers

Avinash Guest

Microsoft Office 2010 RC released to testers

Microsoft has released Office 2010 RC to technical beta participants today.

The software giant has made available the release Candidate Builds of Microsoft Office 2010 client (build 4734.1000) and server products (build 4730.1010). Earlier this week Microsoft officials confirmed to Neowin that it had made the build available to TAP testers.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2qc15w1.jpg

The build is available on torrent sites for download.

Unfortunately, I cant provide you the links.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 RC released to testers

I registered for the beta release many days back, but didnt bother to download it.
    Now i will download it, i already have the beta license key.

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin
    I registered for the beta release many days back, but didnt bother to download it.
    Now i will download it, i already have the beta license key.
    I am not sure if the beta key will work on RC :P. Would like a confirmation from anyone who uses it.

Oh great, just my luck. Now i have to look for a RC license or maybe Microsoft will mail one to their beta testers and i would get it. LOL :-D
    no i dont think that would happen. Anyway im using Open Office org 3.1.1 (latest)

RE: Microsoft Office 2010 RC released to testers

I have the beta - for a long-time Office 2003 user, it was quite an experience! Office 2007 was never to my taste, but this one feels a little better. Fwiw, I don't think the beta key works on the RC, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I have 2007 and won't likely migrate too soon as I only use Word most of the time. We'll see but I think I would go to Open Office if 2010 is too expensive or I can't get a good deal on it.

Avinash Guest

yes, same here. I am not sure whether I can buy a license of 2010 so soon after 2007. I have a license of 2007 and I don't think I am going to waste more money on 2010 as I don't need it.