Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to activate GAOTD.com files after expiration.

Red face How to activate GAOTD.com files after expiration.

DELETED By Admin Due to legal issues.

Nice tutorial. Someone should confirm if it works.

BTW, moving this to " Tutorials, tips and tricks" Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Nice tutorial. Someone should confirm if it works.

BTW, moving this to " Tutorials, tips and tricks" Forum.
    Dont worry i will be that someone! LOL :-D will confirm in a few mins.

I thought since it is a freebie trick i could post it under freebies.
    But yes, it is after all a tutorial! should have been posted here.

Works perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Dont worry i will be that someone! LOL :-D will confirm in a few mins.

I thought since it is a freebie trick i could post it under freebies.
    But yes, it is after all a tutorial! should have been posted here.
    Avinash, i have good news.

I installed Win utilities Pro now on my Comaq desktop, and used the above trick successfully to install it on my custom built PC

Here is what i did:

1. Downloaded the file from GAOD and extracted it.
    2. Clicked on setup.exe, Went to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp and found we223. tmp
    3. Copied it to my Usb flash drive, changed properties to uncheck hidden, and renamed it to we 223.exe
    4. Plugged in the usb flash drive to my other PC, turned off internet and installed it.
    5. Successfully installed and it shows expiration never, registered to giveawayoftheday

Note:

The installation works offline :-)
    You need to do this for each product that you want to save, because
    the temp will turn into the program's installation file.

Glad to know it works. I hope GOATD doesn't have any objection to such a tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Glad to know it works. I hope GOATD doesn't have any objection to such a tutorial.
    Why would they....we are doing no harm or hacking..:lol

Well I found this trick myself & it works only if the readme.txt contains the registration info.

I was unable to locate the reg entry for 1 such giveaway, when I used the activator.....but i still have another way...that I would re-confirm & post..

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Why would they....we are doing no harm or hacking..:lol

Well I found this trick myself & it works only if the readme.txt contains the registration info.

I was unable to locate the reg entry for 1 such giveaway, when I used the activator.....but i still have another way...that I would re-confirm & post..
    Why would they? Thats a million dollar question Grr.
    They does care about it since their promotions are intended to be used up within a particular period of time. After that if You need the program, you must pay for it.

By this trick we are bypassing the very aim of GOTD and using a program eternally which wasn't intended to be. GOTD never likes this trick as i have noticed.
    If You wish to have this tutorial here and on the other hand never want GOTD to sue you, just include a disclaimer in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    Why would they? Thats a million dollar question Grr.
    They does care about it since their promotions are intended to be used up within a particular period of time. After that if You need the program, you must pay for it.

By this trick we are bypassing the very aim of GOTD and using a program eternally which wasn't intended to be. GOTD never likes this trick as i have noticed.
    If You wish to have this tutorial here and on the other hand never want GOTD to sue you, just include a disclaimer in the original post.
    Thanks Kavin.

i'm not sure of GOTD would like or not, as it does no harm to them...nothing goes out of their pocket..:lol

Exclamation

First of all Kavin, we are not going to sell their software. Read the following very carefully.

To AVtech members:

I included this since our members would like to use GAOD products later in case of system failure, OS reinstall
    or sharing it with family and friends.
    This is for non-commercial and personal use only. They can sue us only if we make money with their stuff.
    This is a way to merely take a backup copy.
    What if you dont have internet in a PC and want to install the software in it?
    Use this tutorial, take a copy from a PC with internet, copy it to a Flash drive and install.
    If you feel you are violating rules, i request you to refrain from trying this.

And Grr, i dont understand why you say it works only if we have registration info,why do you need a text file to install a software?

The Win utilities setup file created from the temp file worked fine in a PC where the internet was turned off.
    Where does the text file come into this?

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    This is for non-commercial and personal use only. They can sue us only if we make money with their stuff.
    This is a way to merely take a backup copy.
    Well, when lawyers come in pic , then they can have loads of arguments. for example, We have ads on this forum and they will say we are earning money from it.

May be I need to a rethink on how we deal with these kind of hacks.

Also, I need to checkout google adsense TOS if something specifies things like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast