Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on Blog posts Moved to Forum

Smile Comments on Blog posts Moved to Forum

I have closed the comments on the blog for each posts.

From now on, Every blog post can be commented and discussed at Forum in "Blog Posts" sub forum.

This step is taken to ensure better discussion and building up of a better community. I am not sure how many of you will buy this idea but if you know me, I am not shy of doing experiments and admitting failures. So this one is one of those experiments and hopefully it will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I have closed the comments on the blog for each posts.

From now on, Every blog post can be commented and discussed at Forum in "Blog Posts" sub forum.

This step is taken to ensure better discussion and building up of a better community. I am not sure how many of you will buy this idea but if you know me, I am not shy of doing experiments and admitting failures. So this one is one of those experiments and hopefully it will succeed.
    I am sure this move will increase the interaction at the forum, no doubt about that

But I am not sure how many new members will register at the forum to comment about an article at the blog.
    Not everyone feel comfortable registering at forums or participate in discussions.

And what about giveaway contests held at the blog? It may have an impact on the response, i.e. number of participants

Nevertheless, I approve your idea, just voiced a few concerns.

@Ash,

I am aware of the concerns you raised.

Still We would like to build up something better. Also, most of the articles at blog don't receive comments and majority of comments on any article are from members of forum unless its a giveaway.

As you said, it will definitely improve discussion at forum and thats what is the best place for comments. Hopefully we will succeed.

Apart from this, I have to tackle spam only at forum and it will reduce server load too.
    Last edited by Avinash; 01-08-11 at 12:54 PM.

I appreciate the move but its a bit tricky... hope it succeeds

Good initiative

I thinks it is a great idea Avi and it never hurts to experiment or try new ways. Like you said most comments on the blog are by forum members anyhow.

Interesting idea, Avi. I hope it will work.

After a small giveaway plus a invite thread, I bet the idea has not backfired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast