Thread: How to Backup Account Settings in Outlook Express

Thumbs up How to Backup Account Settings in Outlook Express

How to Backup Account Settings in Outlook Express

Original Source : (Added by Admin)

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/backup-oe-settings.html

You can easily save a backup copy of your Outlook Express Internet account settings by using the account "Export" function. Creating an account settings backup means you can painlessly restore an account if a major problem occurs and the original settings are lost or corrupted. A backup can also help you migrate your email account to another computer with a minimum of fuss.

To create an account backup:

1. Open Outlook Express, click "Tools" and then click "Accounts". The "Internet Accounts" window should appear.

2. Click the "Mail" tab, highlight the account you want to save and then click "Export".

3. Select the destination of your backup file and save the file in the normal way.

4. Click "Close" to exit the "Internet Accounts" and you are done.

Ideally, you should save a copy of the backup to external storage such as a CD or floppy disk as well as save a copy on your computer's hard drive.

If you have more than one email account set up, you will need to export each account separately.

To restore an account backup:

1. Open Outlook Express, click "Tools" and then click "Accounts". The "Internet Accounts" window should appear.

2. Click the "Mail" tab, and then click "Import".

3. Navigate to where the backup is located and double click the file name to import the settings into Outlook Express. The account details should now appear in the "Internet Accounts" window.

4. Click "Close" to exit the "Internet Accounts" and Outlook Express should be ready to use with the imported account.

The same procedure can be used in Microsoft Outlook as well as Outlook Express.

NOTE: This procedure backs up your Internet account settings only. It does NOT back up your emails.

I would like to ask everyone, Please dont copy articles from other places and post it here. Its bad for Forum and blog including me.

I dont want someone to start blaming us for copying. I will start deleting the copying content from next time as someone may sue the forum for copied content.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I would like to ask everyone, Please dont copy articles from other places and post it here. Its bad for Forum and blog including me.

I dont want someone to start blaming us for copying. I will start deleting the copying content from next time as someone may sue the forum for copied content.
    Yes, it is a copy...fell free to delete the post..