Thread: Runtime Error Problem

Runtime Error Problem

Have anyone come across with Runtime Error Problem with RealPlayer?
    When I open RMVB video files, error message of Runtime Error appears with following remarks shown:
    "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program.... Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe
    The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have installed Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and the problem still exists.

Please advise of any solution(s) for the given problem to enable viewing of RMVB video files ! Is there any accompanied software to be required as well?

Thanks for the kind assistance rendered!

did u install Klite codec? If yes, try opening the RMVB file using the Media Player Classic which installs along with klite codec.

alternate - do a repair of real player.

I have installed kLite Mega Codec Pack as well as Real Alternative 2.0.2. Do I have to install Media Player Classic separately or how to open the RMVB file with Media Player Classic?
    How to perform the repair of realplayer or proceed with reinstallation?
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    I have installed kLite Mega Codec Pack as well as Real Alternative 2.0.2. Do I have to install Media Player Classic separately or how to open the RMVB file with Media Player Classic?
    How to perform the repair of realplayer or proceed with reinstallation?
    Many thanks!
    Q: I have problems playing certain RealMedia files
    A: Use Media Player Classic. It can handle RealMedia files better than other players, certainly when playing streams.
    Rename your file to .rmvb. If it already is a .rmvb file, then do the opposite, rename it to .rm. Media Player Classic will play .rmvb files using DirectShow and .rm files using the RealMedia engine. That's why renaming can make a difference.
    If that doesn't help, then follow the instructions from this FAQ topic:

(filename = windows-essential-20071007.zip)[*]Extract only these files from the ZIP archive:
    cook.dll, pncrt.dll, sipr3260.dll, drv33260.dll, drv43260.dll[*]Put those files in the Windows system folder.
    That is C:\Windows\System32\ on a 32-bit version of Windows.
    That is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ on a 64-bit version of Windows.[/LIST]It is also recommended to disable decoding of RealVideo in ffdshow. That allows usage of the video decoder that you have installed, which should give better a bit performance.
    ffdshow video decoder configuration -> Codecs -> Set RealVideo 1/2/3/4 to disabled.

The instructions above assume that "RealMedia splitter" is already installed. That DirectShow filter is included in the K-Lite Codec Pack.
    IMPORTANT NOTE #1: The above codecs are 32-bit and will only work with 32-bit players! No 64-bit versions exist!
    IMPORTANT NOTE #2: MPC is not fully compatible with RealPlayer version 11 and newer. If you have got RealPlayer installed, then the only way to get proper playback in other players to by replacing the file cook.dll that was installed by RealPlayer. Replace it with the version of the file that is included in the ZIP archive mentioned above. You don't need to install any of the other dll files. The location of the file that you should replace is usually:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Codecs\cook.dll
    The above instructions are 100% guaranteed to work. If it does not work for you it means you did something wrong. Read the instructions again!

+++++++

Uninstall the existing Klite Codec as well as Real Alternate.
    Install K-lite MEGA codec pack

Open the file using Media Player Classic from the start menu>programs

[/URL]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Well, Grr almost provided everything that I may have said. Try them and see if error still persist?

I will have a trial of it and see what's the result!
    Thanks to Grr and Avinash for the assistance!

Well runtime error generally occurs if some files are missing or corrupted. I am sure reintsalling will fix it

Grr: Really thanks very much for your great help together with your utmost effort and time spent on it.
    1. No response from following link:
    2. Real Audio Cook decoder files are all present in Windows System 32 and no need to download.
    3. The problem was finally solved by using Media Player Classic to open the rmvb video files.

Thanks again to you, Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    Grr: Really thanks very much for your great help together with your utmost effort and time spent on it.
    1. No response from following link:
    2. Real Audio Cook decoder files are all present in Windows System 32 and no need to download.
    3. The problem was finally solved by using Media Player Classic to open the rmvb video files.

Thanks again to you, Grr.
    U R welcome

Avinash: great thanks to you too!