Thread: Testing New chat system... Totally experimental

Testing New chat system... Totally experimental

We are testing a new chat box and would love if everyone tests it out.

Keep in mind, its bare minimal chat with No Smiles, No font selection or any other customization. I am aware of these.

The previous chatbox has some serious issues with database and its almost giving me headache in managing the server and moderating posts. I cant moderate posts unless I disable the chatbox for few mins atleast.

This one looks promising atleast in terms of speed. So test it with open mind and heart. I know its hard to use it without smilies... but lets give it a try.

Also, the CHAT is not available on Forum Homepage but only on the chat page. A new tab of Chat is added to navigation bar. Click on it to start using the chatbox.

Leave any feedback here.

Update:

Bad--- looks like it don't have any archive system. thumbs down for that.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Update:

Removed it myself and back to old chatbox. Closing this thread till I find a better chatbox.

I think we can open this thread for chatbox suggestions. It will reduce your job, atleast the search time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think we can open this thread for chatbox suggestions. It will reduce your job, atleast the search time.
    OK. Opened thread

I want a good chatbox

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I want a good chatbox
    Me too, but I need some help from someone who can help me integrate the user database of forum with AJAX Chat. Right now, I am unable to do that and no where on the web , someone talks about doing that. Need someone who can understand mySQL and php a bit.

whats the issue with the current one?
    its working fine here

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Me too, but I need some help from someone who can help me integrate the user database of forum with AJAX Chat. Right now, I am unable to do that and no where on the web , someone talks about doing that. Need someone who can understand mySQL and php a bit.
    Wrong number