Quote Originally Posted by Samuel
Hi Ashwin,
You told that you are having Norton, Bitdefender and Online Armor. Later you removed Norton, that's great. But you are still having Online Armor Firewall and Bitdefender (Internet Security I guess, as you told it includes firewall, anti-phishing etc earlier in this thread). We all know, having two antivirus will affect your system. I think having two firewalls will also affect your system. Even worse than having two antivirus, because when you have two firewalls, both of them will scan internet packets, applications simultaneously causing degraded performance of system and sometimes your internet won't work too.

Have you experienced any problems? Is your system working as normal even though you have two firewalls working simultaneously?
I agree Samuel, as a matter of fact, two securities with anti virus, firewall, etc... will detect eachothers detection files and can actually delete them which is not good and even with firewalls, it can break your security down and cause other issues on a system and specifically with firewalls can open up a hole for attack instead. (EVEN IF NOT EVIDENT BY YOU)

That said, if you MUST run 2 anti virus, make sure one is SCAN ONLY and not always monitoring and let the other do real time. I would simply pick one good one. Another thing with either firewall or anti virus or anti spyware is running two will consume needed resources which become wasted, cause blue screens and of course security issues.

This brings me back to the point you made about Spywareterminator saying it's slowing down your system when it has been especially known for using LESS resources. If you are running that, ZA, Norton, BD,and others, ... by the great pumpkin... get rid of some of them man!!! :shock: lol. One of each, an anti virus, a firewall, an anti spyware is good enough, or one good all in one.