Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive: Free 50 FBVPN (faster and better) 6 months accounts Giveaway for Avtechies

Mike: thanks for the nice tutorial guide on switching between servers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Don't be disappointed you can switch it to a UK server with no problems. Just go and read here --->
    Is that allowed for the accounts they gave away?
    Then why they wrote this on the email
    ...the FREE FBVPN account only supports one US server, if you want to use more US/UK servers, please register our Personal Account.

Cosme they meant, if you want to use more than one server, then you need to have personal account. I think this is perfectly allowed and legal.

Thank you Avinash, I just received the registered FBVPN A/C details.
    It's amazing that this is the first time I got the VPN A/C & is so useful to me in the coming days.

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    Is that allowed for the accounts they gave away?
    Then why they wrote this on the email
    I sent support a email asking if I could use a UK server and they sent me a server link number so yes it is allowed.

Pretty sad, I get an account valid for month only. I suspect that is the same with a short-termed account for evaluational purpose. But I also found that the servers they are providing me are based on PPTP connection type. I used to have quite unsatisfactory experiences with PPTP several years back. It was unstable. I got online for a few seconds but then, it went offline for minutes. If they could offer OpenVPN type, it would be better a option as OpenVPN provides better stability and security. OpenVPN requires a client to build a connection. Cyberghost VPN is a good example but its client is rather complicated. I used to be a Cyberghost VPN user for over half a year before account binding issue and some sort of bugs on Windows 7 seemed to come for stay. Somehow, it disconnects my modem from working. I wonder if the problems were on my side actually?

I use a PPTP connection type of some other vpn service and i never faced any problem. I understand openvpn is more stable and secure but PPTP is also pretty close to it. Atleast i never faced any visible differences between the two.

Thanks for the info about the UK server. I've been trying the US one and the speeds are ok.There are some buffering issues when watching live programmes but as they are nearly all broadcast in HD you need to have an excellent line to watch without any such issues.

Thanks Avinash, I got mail from FBVPN as well, will try it later.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast