Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DriverScanner 2011 Giveaway

Thanks for the excellent guide Jeremy.

Will try it when I get the license

update: received my license
    Last edited by Ashwin; 24-08-11 at 05:26 PM. Reason: update

I also downloaded on my desktop and had 15 obsolete drivers and yes it was terrible having to reboot after adding them but program worked great. I also read that some countries have trouble getting this promo. All you have to do is switch to another country and it's yours.

Yeah, i decided to give it a try as well.. it found 7 obsolete drivers as well. 6 items think went with 1 driver for the MB and then an audio, but none of them required a restart for me so far seems like a decent program.. although after i exited the program, i did notice it tried to call out (not sure to where) and i also set it up to not start on boot, yet it keeps wanting too that;s the only 2 things that i noticed I didn't totally care for zug

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Yeah, i decided to give it a try as well.. it found 7 obsolete drivers as well. 6 items think went with 1 driver for the MB and then an audio, but none of them required a restart for me so far seems like a decent program.. although after i exited the program, i did notice it tried to call out (not sure to where) and i also set it up to not start on boot, yet it keeps wanting too that;s the only 2 things that i noticed I didn't totally care for zug
    Found 8 drivers for me, (MB,Mouse, Buetooth,etc) updated in 3 packs. Didn't prompt for a restart, but I rebooted to test it. Works fine

Will update this post if the program restarts/calls home

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post

To disable automatic start-up launch:

1. Open the program.
    2. Access the Settings screen by clicking on the Settings tab from the top area.
    3. From the menu on the left hand side, click on Scan settings.
    4. Untick the option to 'Start scan automatically when RegistryBooster is launched'.
    5. Click Apply.

On rare occasions, a technical issue is known to render the above method ineffective. If this is the case, please follow the alternative technique described below:

Alternative method to disable automatic start-up

1. Click on the Start menu button, normally available at the bottom left of the screen.
    2. From the menu select and click Run.
    3. Type MSCONFIG and click on the OK button.
    4. A 'System Configuration' window should pop up. From the top area, click on the Startup tab.
    5. Untick the checkbox for the Uniblue product you would like to stop from starting up automatically. Click Apply and then Okay.
    6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before the changes take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
(When you log back into Windows, you might get the System Configuration Utility box again. Please close this window.)

Hope this helps zug =)

Uniblue DriverScanner 2011 Free Download with Serial Key

Most hardware manufacturers test their drivers before releasing to the public. So the question is why do we need to update our drivers? The answer is simple, applications, games, and even Operating Systems releases update or new version to keep users up-to-date with the latest technologies, but these updates also causes incompatibility issues with the factory drivers and in some cases can cause serious crashes. Hence, for this very reason we need to update our drivers regularly.

Unfortunately, updating drivers can be a pain because you may not know your actual hardware ID and where the drivers may be available. Uniblue Driver Scanner is a simple tool that makes the task of updating drivers easy. It scans your hardware and checks its internet database for the latest drivers. Once the scan is complete, it lists all the new version of drivers that are available for update. You can then choose the drivers you want to update, or update all at once with a single click.

Uniblue Driver Scanner is usually priced at $39.95, but until October 31, 2011, anyone can grab a free copy by following these simple steps below:

Visit the following Web User Exclusive Page and click on the “Get your FREE product” button.

Then On your order details page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill in the form [Enter the mandatory details in the fields marked with *]

Click on the “Complete Registration” button.

A page containing your serial key will be shown, use this serial key to activate or unlock Uniblue DriverScanner. [A copy of the serial will also be sent to your email address]

Download your software from following link :

This offer expires on: 31st October 2011

Uniblue Driver Scanner messed up my Bluetooth USB Drivers and installed Toshiba drivers over it

Unfortunately I didn't notice this for a couple of days, couldn't restore the system. I made too many changes, couldn't risk losing stuff.

Had to uninstall and delete the drivers manually.

I am done with Uniblue

P.S: Merged the thread that Hakah made with this one
    Last edited by Ashwin; 26-08-11 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    To disable automatic start-up launch:
    1. Open the program.
    2. Access the Settings screen by clicking on the Settings tab from the top area.
    3. From the menu on the left hand side, click on Scan settings.
    4. Untick the option to 'Start scan automatically when RegistryBooster is launched'.
    5. Click Apply.

On rare occasions, a technical issue is known to render the above method ineffective. If this is the case, please follow the alternative technique described below: Alternative method to disable automatic start-up
    1. Click on the Start menu button, normally available at the bottom left of the screen.
    2. From the menu select and click Run.
    3. Type MSCONFIG and click on the OK button.
    4. A 'System Configuration' window should pop up. From the top area, click on the Startup tab.
    5. Untick the checkbox for the Uniblue product you would like to stop from starting up automatically. Click Apply and then Okay.
    6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before the changes take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.
(When you log back into Windows, you might get the System Configuration Utility box again. Please close this window.)

Hope this helps zug =)
    Thanks Jeremy, but already had done this.. the program itself just didn't seem to want that to happen :P so far the program itself isn't appearing to run, just something from the program to run in the background it seems.. will keep an eye on it.. so far haven't seem to have an issue with any of the drivers it updated. the only driver that my laptop is giving me issues with is the stupid Nvidia display ones

I'll be staying away from this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast