Thread: DriverScanner 2011 Giveaway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the info Mike.

*Note*
    I downloaded the software and it did find some outdated drivers that even my motherboard's website did not have listed like BUS controllers, ACPI etc. So I give the program credit for that. Another good thing is it creates restore points before installing any drivers so you can rollback if a problem occurs.

The one bad thing (well I think it's annoying) is you can only install one driver at a time thus if you have multiple drivers that require rebooting, you have to reboot over and over until all the drivers are installed and each time it creates a restore point. Although it is good to make individual restore points, the whole rebooting after every driver install instead of doing one reboot after they are all installed is annoying. But if you download a bad driver it makes it a whole lot easier to identify the problem driver and use the proper restore point. But other than that it seems like a pretty decent program.

It's worth a try and what it finds might surprise you and help your PC with outdated drivers.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 24-08-11 at 08:33 AM.