Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DriverScanner 2011 Giveaway

DriverScanner 2011 Giveaway

DriverScanner scans your computer to provide a list of drivers that need to be updated. With single click convenience, DriverScanner will then safely install each update on your PC.

Product Info Page:

To receive your FREE DriverScanner 2011 license serial number to activate the product and save $29.95 go to the following promo page
    Last edited by Mike; 24-08-11 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks mike

This offer expires on: 31st October 2011

there is no button on page to click

Big yellow button that says Get Your Free Product
    or if you don't see just click here ----->

Thanks for the info Mike.

*Note*
    I downloaded the software and it did find some outdated drivers that even my motherboard's website did not have listed like BUS controllers, ACPI etc. So I give the program credit for that. Another good thing is it creates restore points before installing any drivers so you can rollback if a problem occurs.

The one bad thing (well I think it's annoying) is you can only install one driver at a time thus if you have multiple drivers that require rebooting, you have to reboot over and over until all the drivers are installed and each time it creates a restore point. Although it is good to make individual restore points, the whole rebooting after every driver install instead of doing one reboot after they are all installed is annoying. But if you download a bad driver it makes it a whole lot easier to identify the problem driver and use the proper restore point. But other than that it seems like a pretty decent program.

It's worth a try and what it finds might surprise you and help your PC with outdated drivers.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 24-08-11 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peebee View Post
    there is no button on page to click
    for those that have an issue seeing the button, if you are using Ad Block Plus or any other addons that block that, you might have to disable it for that page only.. i had to click my ABP and disable (just for that page) and it showed up to take me to the registration. Hope helps.

Zug

Thanks for sharing Mike

Normally I would skip any Uniblue promo, but Jeremy's post convinced me to try it

And thanks to Zug for the heads-up about the ABP step

Update:

There will be a slight delay in the delivery of your license key. We are in the process of correcting this technical issue which may include waiting for information from the software publisher. This should be resolved within 1-2 workdays, although it is generally much faster. We will contact you via e-mail as soon as further information is available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 24-08-11 at 11:44 AM. Reason: update

Thank you Ashwin for the nice comment. I was actually surprised that it found outdated drivers on my system. I am usually pretty keen about keeping all of my drivers up-to date, but after a ran a scan with DriverScanner it found 7 outdated drivers. Most had to do with the motherboard but those drivers weren't even available at my motherboard's website (I use an Asus P6X58D Motherboard). So it was really nice to get those drivers when I couldn't find them anywhere else. It's definitely worth a try, and with it's ability to create backups of every time you install a driver, it is an easy fix if anything goes wrong. Another nice feature is after you download the drivers that are outdated, it tells you if the driver is safe to install on your system or if the driver may be risky to install. Like I said, it may find drivers that you thought were up-to-date but have not been able to find. So far I am happy with it and getting a free $30 program makes it even sweeter. I recommend giving it a try and if you don't like it just uninstall.

Here are some tips and an overview of what the program does for those wanting to use the program:

Scanning for outdated drivers

• By default and prior to registration, DriverScanner launches a scan automatically upon starting. If the scan does not start automatically, click the Scan button from the Overview screen. Once the scan has finished, the program will display as results a list of devices with outdated drivers. To start the download process, click on the Download all button at the bottom of the screen.

• Once you have clicked on the Download all button, DriverScanner will contact the Uniblue database and download the necessary data. A progress bar will approximate download completion until the words “Download complete” appear together with a ‘very good’ tick.

Installing new drivers

• To install a downloaded driver, click on the word Install displayed in the middle column of the Update drivers page. Note that drivers need to be installed one by one. Once you click on Install, DriverScanner launches an automatic restore point which will allow you to roll back drivers on demand. DriverScanner will then install the new driver automatically and silently. A pop-up will confirm a driver’s successful installation

Using restore points

• Every time you install a new driver, DriverScanner keeps a restore point. This is a snapshot of your system that you will be able to resort to in case of system problems. To roll back to a restore point, click on the Manage tab from the navigation panel.

• Select Restore from the left hand side menu. Any restore points will be listed together with the date and time that they were set.

• To resort to your computer at a previous state, select the appropriate restore point by clicking on the tickbox on the left hand side. Once selected, a Restore selected button should change color from grey to blue. Click on the Restore selected button. To complete the rollback you will need to restart your
    computer.
    Note: Rolling back to a restore point will undo any other changes made to your computer since the restore
    point was set.

Ignoring drivers

• If you decide not to install a driver, you might want to omit this driver from subsequent scan results. To do this, go to the Driver Scan page from the navigation panel. From the left hand side menu, select
    Update drivers. You will find a list of downloaded drivers. To omit a driver from the next search results, click on the Ignore option from the right hand side.

• Ignored drivers can be retrieved. To remove a driver from the Ignore list, select the Manage tab from the navigation panel and then Ignored drivers from the left hand side menu. Select the appropriate driver by clicking the tickbox on the left hand side. An Unignore selected button should turn blue. Click on the Unignore selected button and the driver will be offered once again in subsequent scan results.

Next to the drivers that are downloaded you will see if it states the driver is safe or risky.
    Drivers marked 'risky' can cause problems during the installation process or even once installed.
    If your system is working fine and the devices catered for by the risky drivers are working fine, we suggest you do not install the new drivers.
    Only consider being more adventurous if you are an advanced user, able to use System Restore and possessing some Windows troubleshooting skills.

I hope this little guide helps those interested and/or use the program.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 24-08-11 at 01:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast