Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which internetsecurity should i buy.

Which internetsecurity should i buy.

I am going to purchase an internet security software. Should i go for all in ones like norton360 or should i go for internet security software. Pls also post its price acc to retail shops in INR.
    PS I want 3pc license

Thnx guys.

there are many free and promo available so i dont think its necessary to buy software.
    but if u really wants to buy than buy kis 2012
    price are different in different countries and states, so u have to go to local market where u will get much cheaper than online buy

I recommend NIS 2011 soon to be NIS 2012 this fall (You'll get a free upgrade) or KIS 2012. I personally use NIS 2011 because it uses less resources and has faster scans on my machine. I switched to KIS but after my subscription was up went back to NIS. Both are good programs that provide good security, good detection rates and neither report too many false positives. Either one is good in my opinion. But like I said, I prefer NIS simply because it is faster and uses less resources. You can always narrow down your choices then check online reviews of the products that use in-depth comparisons as far as comparing detection rates, scan speeds, system resource use etc. and find the one best suited for your needs.

I have heard ESET Smart Security is good as well as Nikhil has stated, but I have not personally tried it. It's also a not a bad idea to add Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, SAS, or another similar Anti-malware program for additional detection (those are just a few, there are many good ones out there, and many good free ones), however please be sure that if you have a main Internet Security Program or Anti-virus to have your supplemental active protection turned off and just use on-demand scans while always leaving your main security program active.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 28-08-11 at 07:47 PM.

Go for a internet security instead of suites like Norton 360. My recom. as Jeremy said... go for KIS 2012. If you go to local store it will cost 800-900 INR for 3 PC license. If you want to buy online, you can get it from ebay.in. The price is same as that I said about offline stores.

You've gotten some very good advice so far. I would also say either Norton IS or Kaspersky IS. Which one? If you like things very simple: Norton. It's what I recommend to my non-geek friends. Very easy to use. Also, it fairly light on resources. If you are more geeky and have don't have a lightly powered machine, then KIS is likely more your speed.

Re: ESET, it's actually pretty good. However, back in Feb I had a problem uninstalling it. Neither ESET's uninstall tool (in Safe Mode) or AppRemover was able to uninstall it after ESET blacklisted the key that gave me a few days before.

Fortunately, had a done a partition image of my system drive prior to installing it. Otherwise I would have been forced to reinstall Windows. That experience has turned me off ESET.

OK guys im gonna try out nis. IM having an oem version. ITs nis 2011 for 3months. thnx

How about Total Internet Security Suite? Jokes aside, I say go for NIS, On newegg, amazon, etc. they are offered for much less price especially if you are looking for 3PC's license otherwise as Avinash suggested you couldn't go wrong with KIS'12. Another good candidate is Avira Premium as well but I strongly advice you to give all these suites a trial before proceeding to buy any one of them.
    The two most important factor at-least for me when it comes to AV's is performance, simple to use, non-buggy and detection rate.

Finally I will also say that you better pair them with Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro, SUPERAntiSpyware Pro which will detect what your AV's misses and don't forget about Backup in case of infection.

PS Sorry I couldn't post the current retail price of all the above suites in INR since I don't know them and I have never bought them ever

You can spend 360 days in trial before you buy any internet security suite
    Avira Internet security 180 days promo is still active
    Kaspersky Internet security 90 days promo is still active
    Nortin Internet security 90 days promo is always active

====

360 days of free protection with best internet security software

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast