Thread: FREE CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 6 Month Subscription

FREE CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 6 Month Subscription

FREE CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 6 Month Subscription

Link:

Thanks Jeremy but even as free its better I stay away from it.

Thanks Jeremy
    any comments on this Antivirus ?

Thanks for the information J! More CA Products are also being given away for free, like CA Mobile Security, CA Tune-Up and CA Online Backup. You find them here :

But, you need credit card to download them for free

I am afraid to say that its not a good product. Better avoid this one.

You might want to read the *Terms and Conditions before ordering.

*Terms and Conditions

Software Automatic Renewal Service provided by Total Defense, a former division of CA Technologies (TD), will keep your computer protected from the latest internet threats by automatically renewing your subscription at the then current renewal price $49.99 (plus applicable tax). When you buy a product from Buy.com using your credit card and download the FREE version of this TD product, your software subscription will automatically renew each year. TD will notify you by email prior to the expiration of your current subscription. Do nothing, and then the current subscription renewal price (plus applicable tax) will automatically be charged to your credit card, and you authorize Buy.com Inc., TD's e-commerce partner, to use the contact and billing information you provided for your purchase today to charge each renewal. Your email, bill to name, bill to address, bill to phone number, last four digits of credit card, and credit card expiration will be provided to TD for billing, subscription, and marketing purposes in accordance with TD’s privacy policy. You may discontinue Automatic Renewal Service at any time by updating your profile under My Account or contacting customer care. Your order confirmation email will also include instructions on how to cancel your TD Automatic Renewal Service. TD Automatic Renewal Service is only available for U.S. and Canadian residents.

Thanks for sharing Jeremy, but I'll skip this as my Kaspersky subscription has about 3 months remaining.

The last line from Mike's post says:

TD Automatic Renewal Service is only available for U.S. and Canadian residents.
    Guess non-Americans/Canadians can try this without worrying about Auto-renewal. (Don't look at me )

Avoid this antivirus
    One of the worst solutions available

I used CA internet Security Suite for about 4 years as it was free from my ISP. I never had any major problems with it, but in 2010 I switched to NIS and it was so much better. I don't know very much about CA right now or how the product has changed. I guess if you are looking for a security solution and do not have any money you can try it. As far as how good or bad it is these days I don't know.However I trust the members here, so if akiratoriyama, Alpha, and iPrism say stay away from it, then it may be a good idea to take their advice.