Thread: Forum misses security against spammers.

Forum misses security against spammers.

Just thought of bringing up to you notice that this forum misses two security things that may be a vulnerability to spams.

First of all, you have disabled E-mail verification option. So practically anyone can enter any data for email column during signup. This is the main vulnerability since the spam bots would target site missing this function and create a bunch of signups with some link to sites in profile.

The next vulnerability is the poor captcha image verification pictures. The kind of image you use in this site is much easier to be identified by automated spam bots. Try to get it replaced.

I did put email verification OFF intentionally.

The captcha image used is "Re-captcha" one the best you can have and its not easily identified by spam bots.

Besides this, there are many security features working in the background which you wont notice but the spam bots will get blocked e.g. ASKIMET the best antispam plugin used all over the web on Wordpress blogs including mine to stop spam.

Till now, there are no spam bots on this forum and I hope wont be in future too.

I may enable Email activation later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I did put email verification OFF intentionally.

The captcha image used is "Re-captcha" one the best you can have and its not easily identified by spam bots.

Besides this, there are many security features working in the background which you wont notice but the spam bots will get blocked e.g. ASKIMET the best antispam plugin used all over the web on Wordpress blogs including mine to stop spam.

Till now, there are no spam bots on this forum and I hope wont be in future too.

I may enable Email activation later on.
    Its up to you. But its AKISMET and not askimet, BTW why not try its alternative DEFENSIO? It has less false positives than Akismet.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    Its up to you. But its AKISMET and not askimet, BTW why not try its alternative DEFENSIO? It has less false positives than Akismet.
    Sorry for the spelling mistake. Right now I am happy with Akismet. So may be later on I will try.