Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Gmail

Problem with Gmail

Normal Gmail login:
    When I use the normal login method to gmail it doesn't work properly, mails that I deleted stay in the inbox.
    Same happens with trash or the spam folder,

Basic HTML Login:
    Works fine.

Not sure what the problem is. Could be Online Armor blocking something as gmail works fine on the other computers

If the basic HTML works fine, then its definitely some issue with your either Online Armor or the security suite. Major reason why I stay away from anything else than just a plain security suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    If the basic HTML works fine, then its definitely some issue with your either Online Armor or the security suite. Major reason why I stay away from anything else than just a plain security suite.
    Guess I have to go back to Kaspersky (like Nikhil predicted).

P.S: It can't be a cache issue as I cleared the history/cookies in FF and even ran Ccleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Guess I have to go back to Kaspersky (like Nikhil predicted).

P.S: It can't be a cache issue as I cleared the history/cookies in FF and even ran Ccleaner
    Well thats why I stick to it. Almost 3 years now and never felt like changing it. With everything else, some issue or the other crops up after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Well thats why I stick to it. Almost 3 years now and never felt like changing it. With everything else, some issue or the other crops up after some time.
    Beta version was fine. they screwed up the stable one, much to my annoyance now, as gmail is important for my work

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Well, here is good news. It works now.

OA updated some rules on its own.

But I also removed Flashblock addon coz the damn thing kept blocking photobucket. (curses)

Anyway one of the two things fixed my issue

Edit: Issue not fixed. will remove OA later and update the post
    Last edited by Ashwin; 09-09-11 at 01:47 PM. Reason: issue remains

Sometimes i also do face this issue, but it gets fixed on its own. I guess yours taking a bit too longer. This can occur because of your firewall or connection issues. Since your connection is working perfectly, so it has to firewall. Why don't you disable OA and try the windows firewall and check if the issue still persists.

Removing Online Armor did not fix the issue. I restarted the computer to check this.

Getting error: Oops… the system encountered a problem (#500) - Retrying in x seconds

x denotes random time.

Also getting error in gmail chat: Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted

Update:
    Mail seems to work after disabling Labs.

Chat isn't working
    Last edited by Ashwin; 09-09-11 at 05:17 PM.

Issue resolved:

The culprit was AVG Link scanner. Gmail worked fine after I disabled the addon in Firefox.

I confirmed this by reinstalling Online Armor, restarting the PC and observed it since last night.

Gmail works fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Issue resolved:

The culprit was AVG Link scanner. Gmail worked fine after I disabled the addon in Firefox.

I confirmed this by reinstalling Online Armor, restarting the PC and observed it since last night.

Gmail works fine now.
    And we were bashing the OA all this time.

I am still not sure if it was only Linkscanner as I have AVG installed with Linkscanner and I am not facing any issues. Only difference with you is that I have not installed OA or any other firewall.

May be its something to do with the combination of AVG and OA... but anyway good to know that your issue is resolved.

I had faced similar issue with Gmail. No OA/AVG link scanner here.

It's Gmail problem. I had 2 accounts signed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast