Thread: FBVPN Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FBVPN Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

First off I wanted to say thanks to Av and FBVPN for having this giveaway. I have been excited to try a pro VPN Service out for a long time.

The Pros

FBVPN was very easy to setup without the need for extra software to download. They have good tutorials on how to set up the VPN directly through windows.

FBVPN does secure your connection and give you a different IP which I verified to be working.

FBVPN gives you a real sense of privacy knowing that your connection is safe from prying eyes, even if you have nothing to hide.

The Cons

I have not found a way to start the connection automatically with the computer (Although there may be a way, I just haven't found it yet)

The biggest downfall to the whole deal is the speed. Now for normal browsing, the speed is fine and may be good for some connections but when your trying to buffer a few youtube videos while browsing other sites, you notice the speed cap although I didn't think there was supposed to be one.

I did some speed tests and here are the results.

Here is my speed normally

Attachment 338

and here is my speed through the VPN which seems to be capped at 4mbits

Attachment 339

All in all, I do think that it is a good service because I experienced no down time or hesitation while doing normal browsing and I intend to use the service. But for those moments where I know I will be doing some heavy browsing/watching, I will have to switch to my normal connection
    Last edited by TeXaCo; 11-09-11 at 09:54 AM.